Small issues in alot of different moves

Sep 1, 2007
Amsterdam
I have been doing this kidn of stuff for a while now, how ever there are always some small issues here and there for alot of different effects would be nice if i can get pointed towards the root of the problem and where i shall focus on.

1, Underpressure, it looks just like the dvd just that after doing it even just once my cards gets a huge bend in them which i have to straighten out directly for any other use, is that normal? shouldnt it be reasonably flat afterwards?

2, Flourish with moves that rotate cards with the back of the finger, since there are no natural curl on the back of any of my fingers i found it extreemly difficult to not drop any cards when doing those.

3, Le Paul spread, it spread fine just the distance between the cards are too small so i can never see the indexes completely, they just overlap each other, and no i dont think it is the position of my fingers vinnie.

4, Carnahan fan, i only get a 180-200 degree fan at tops, is there anyway to make it spread as much as a normal thumb fan?

5, one hand shuffle, the side of my cards gets messed up really fast with this one, i basicly just push them together with sheer strength, is there a better way?

6, Jonas Change, the move where u rotate a double downwards using the middle finger, i found it incredibly difficult to keep the cards together unless i use some oiled up old deck that just sticks, right now i just rush through that rotation so nobody can see the cards seperate.

Sep 1, 2007
1, Underpressure, it looks just like the dvd just that after doing it even just once my cards gets a huge bend in them which i have to straighten out directly for any other use, is that normal? shouldnt it be reasonably flat afterwards?

3, Le Paul spread, it spread fine just the distance between the cards are too small so i can never see the indexes completely, they just overlap each other, and no i dont think it is the position of my fingers vinnie.

4, Carnahan fan, i only get a 180-200 degree fan at tops, is there anyway to make it spread as much as a normal thumb fan?

I can answer 3 of your question
1. If executed well, underpressure will not hurt the cards. By saying that i mean you dont actually bend and spring the cards with force but let the cards slide one by one swiftly. Tips: after under pressure, give the deck some riffle and le paul spread and it will go back to its original shape

3. Le Paul spread, try to spread the deck evenly as far as you can go, slightly apply pressure to the spread, press down lightly with the hand for spreading and push up slightly with the hand which springs the cards.
Do not be discouraged because it is impossible to spread the full deck of 52.

4. Carnahan Fan. Try spreading the cards more with your middle finger after getting into the carnahan fan position

Sep 2, 2007
6, Jonas Change, the move where u rotate a double downwards using the middle finger, i found it incredibly difficult to keep the cards together unless i use some oiled up old deck that just sticks, right now i just rush through that rotation so nobody can see the cards seperate.

Jones change! :mad:

Aug 31, 2007
I thought this site was suppose to be about quality, not quantity. Take the time to learn 1 flourish, perfect it and then move on to the next. If you continue to do what you are doing, you will never succeed. Oh, did I mentioned it takes time? It could even take months to learn one move right.

Sylar

Sep 1, 2007
Amsterdam
I thought this site was suppose to be about quality, not quantity. Take the time to learn 1 flourish, perfect it and then move on to the next. If you continue to do what you are doing, you will never succeed. Oh, did I mentioned it takes time? It could even take months to learn one move right.

Sylar

It takes years to perfect a move, are u sudjesting people who start out should only have 1 move for the next coming year? Besides what people practise is their freedom, also from my own experiance all flourishes adds up to the same experiance pool as in practising something else also has positive influence towards other moves as all flourishes are based on finger strength, muscle memory and pressure control and perhaps some other factors i failed to mention, so i totally disagree with you in this matter, and if u wish to critisize me plz send a pm and if u do decide to post here, then stay on the topic thx.

Aug 31, 2007
It takes years to perfect a move, are u sudjesting people who start out should only have 1 move for the next coming year? Besides what people practise is their freedom, also from my own experiance all flourishes adds up to the same experiance pool as in practising something else also has positive influence towards other moves as all flourishes are based on finger strength, muscle memory and pressure control and perhaps some other factors i failed to mention, so i totally disagree with you in this matter, and if u wish to critisize me plz send a pm and if u do decide to post here, then stay on the topic thx.

What I mean is you are learning to many moves at the same time. If you do not like to learn one at a time, then try 3 or 4 (6 is way too much). Practice slowly and get it smooth. Only then you should move on to the next.

Sylar

Sep 1, 2007
My question is:
How to spin packet between left Thumb and right Middle finger in Skater cut?
I tried to strike it with right ring finger, but it only turns face up.
How to do it right?
Thanks.

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
My question is:
How to spin packet between left Thumb and right Middle finger in Skater cut?
I tried to strike it with right ring finger, but it only turns face up.
How to do it right?
Thanks.

The Skater cut with the spin is unpublished, we don't really have the right to explain how any part of it is done.

-Vince

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results