Smoke and Mirror Investment

Jun 4, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
hey guys im thinking about buying Smoke and Mirrors Deck and holding on to them for about 10 years then re-sell them.

I'm gonna try and look for the 1st editions but if i cant find them i might settle for the 2nd editions.

What do you guys think?? good or bad investment??

has anyone bought cards and then resold them later on??

Thanks in advance,

-Kyle

Sep 1, 2007
California
I think it's a waste of time... go abuse the deck for a few months and then store it in your closet. In the chance that they ever do amount to something more than 5 dollars each, you can at least make a 100% profic and sell for 10 bucks.... lol

Jun 4, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
I think it's a waste of time... go abuse the deck for a few months and then store it in your closet. In the chance that they ever do amount to something more than 5 dollars each, you can at least make a 100% profic and sell for 10 bucks.... lol

im not planning to use the decks. im just keeping them in mint condition until they go up in value. since they stopped making the the 1st edition smoke and mirror decks its gonna be a rare deck to find. which will, over time , increase in value

Sep 1, 2007
California
Honestly, I doubt that will ever happen. They wont raise over 20 bucks in price. If they aren't already in demand, then it's highly unlikely that they will ever go up enough. Even Brown Wynns wont gp up in price. The fact is that there are a LOT of new and "cool" decks around that are all in 1st Edition mint condition, and it's not THAT awesome to have one anymore since a lot of other people do. I could be COMPLETELY wrong, but I just see that in my logic. Hit me up in 30 years and let me know how it goes. Maybe then I will buy some myself and enter the business haha =)

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I wouldn't count on it to make any money off. I bought a brick each of SM 1st Editions and I'm keeping a pair simply for the sake of keeping it (I do weird things like that). I wouldn't count on them as an investment, though.

Oct 26, 2008
RGV TX
I wouldn't doubt that in the future you may put them on ebay(or whatever will be the hot e-commerce site in 2018) and you'de get some bids from card collectors, or normal individuals who think they look really cool, and feel they can't live without it (you know, that feeling we all get when we walk through a flea market).

It's a unique item, ther will always be a market for such things. It's just locating your customers that will be a bit of work.

hduarte1

Elite Member
Jul 2, 2008
Akatsuki Hideout
The best investment I've done was when I purchase a brick of brown Wynn's and a brick of White Cents. I still have both bricks and they are already worth a lot more than what I bought them for :D.

-Hugo

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results