Smoke without the gimmick

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
Heya, I was at the Magic Castle a couple of days ago performing some new stuff and I met an acquaintance from a few weeks back and he was with a nice guy from Columbia and the first thing he did right when he sat down at the table I perform at I saw a bit of smoke come out of his mouth.

I saw it and of course immediately reacted. "You got the Smoke gimmick?"

He replied saying it was natural.

I soon learned that it was a natural chemical thing caused by pressure, I don't know if in your lungs or what. Has anyone ever heard of this?

My friend who also came to the castle with me had heard of it before.

The guy was only able to make a little come out of his mouth just once so I guess it was hard.

Once he sat down he talked freely and then he did it. No gimmick or anything.

Has anyone ever come across this before?

Jul 13, 2009
Yeah it is an old trick I learned in elementary. I Think some people were trying to pass it off for an actual trick called "Solid breath" or something like that.

Basically it is clicking your tongue on the top of your mouth while putting preasure in your mouth. The clicking cause a fast release of the preasure which condense the moisture in your breath into a cloud. The same concept can be observed when you open a bottle of cola, beer, carbonated drink.

Heya, I was at the Magic Castle a couple of days ago performing some new stuff and I met an acquaintance from a few weeks back and he was with a nice guy from Columbia and the first thing he did right when he sat down at the table I perform at I saw a bit of smoke come out of his mouth.

I saw it and of course immediately reacted. "You got the Smoke gimmick?"

He replied saying it was natural.

I soon learned that it was a natural chemical thing caused by pressure, I don't know if in your lungs or what. Has anyone ever heard of this?

My friend who also came to the castle with me had heard of it before.

The guy was only able to make a little come out of his mouth just once so I guess it was hard.

Once he sat down he talked freely and then he did it. No gimmick or anything.

Has anyone ever come across this before?

This method sucks, because you will have to do a lot of work to get a little amount of smoke in your mouth. Unlike SMOKE, you would produce more smoke with a little of time. Plus when you first practice "Solid Breath" you look like an idiot doing it, especially to any type of audience. So, I just stated all the cons of this effect which is more cons then pros.

Oct 14, 2009
Well, it looks pretty cool but it's not as much smoke. In any case, it can be for certain situations, like if people don't believe you can make smoke come out of your mouth and you don't happen to have the gimmick on you...

I think anyone would look pretty silly if they tried to do that "gimmickless" version as a magic trick...

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
I do the gimmickless version a lot and I don't click my tongue, when you do it for a while, you don't have to and I tried the smoke thing with the "portal" and I got some killer reactions, but smoke is still worth getting you get more smoke out and it's thicker.

I think i know what you mean, you can fill your jaws tightly with pressure and watch steam come out of your mouth..yeah did it in school forever.

No exposure but Wayne Houchin's method for Stigmata, use to be a school thing. Only we used them as tats that would last for about 2 weeks if done properly....

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results