Smoothness

Jan 19, 2017
I've been doing coin magic for almost six months now and I've already mastered the concealments, productions and vanishes that I studied because of hours and hours of practice everyday but I noticed that my movements is not smooth, it's like that something is wrong. Is the gracefulnes of the moves comes with practice or it comes out naturally?

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
If your movements aren't smooth, then you haven't mastered the techniques. It will take you much longer than 6 months to get your techniques to look natural. This stuff takes years. And if you are trying to focus too much on executing the techniques, you are likely tensing your hands and your arms to try and compensate. To get these techniques to look natural, you cannot tense up. Your hands and arms need to be relaxed and loose. It's a common mistake that people make when learning any technique for that matter; you either do it extremely quickly because you don't want anyone to catch you (this alone makes everything suspicious) or you have a death grip on coins in your case. Loosen up, relax, and practice more. Make sure you are doing these techniques correctly as well, as practicing wrong technique is even more detrimental.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results