Snap crimp

Oct 13, 2008
Hi everyone.

a bit weird question here. How to take a snap crimp out of the deck? Tried to put it under some heavy books but it doesn't seem to work...

Thanks.

Nov 18, 2008
CA
If you mean a concave or convex warp in the deck it's called a "click bend". The only real way to get rid of it is with a porper card clip. BUY ONE

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Ug... a porper is not the ONLY thing that will take a crimp out. In fact, it far from the best thing. It was only designed to keep a nice, even pressure on the cards to KEEP them from warping.

Two suggestions on top of the poper, which won't just up and fix your problem.

One. Find an empty spot on a desk or table, set the deck, out of the box, on the spot, and then put several heavy books on it for a few days.

Two. Make a card press. I got two flat pieces of wood the same size, bigger than the deck. I also got two steel plates with holes in the ends and several bolts and wing nuts. Put the deck between the wood blocks, put the wood and cards between the steel plates, and cinch everything together tight with the bolts. Apply even but firm pressure with the bolts and let it sit overnight. You want the cards to be as square together as possible and you want there to be a lot of pressure. This will flatten the cards as flat as they can possibly be and time will then heal your crimped cards.

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Hmmm. I guess I would just rather use a porper than construct a card press. Especially if you already had one. But if you did not, you might as well try the press thing if you're willing to put the time into it. Sounds like it would work really well.

Oct 13, 2008
Thanks.
But how cards happen to click this way? Vernon in Revelations called it "snap crimp" and explained how to get into it, but i can't say i did these actions to the deck.

I do mostly table work with riffle shuffles. So my cards are usually a bit bend in a concave manner. Maybe this will help somehow.

Jul 13, 2008
Extreme weather temperature is usually the factor that causes the warping. All of my decks (including all of the expensive ones) have an extreme snap crimp from the cold. But, once it warms up again, those always go away.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Bend it the other way?

Try shuffling the same as you normally do, only upside down?

Do this a few times before trying out books.

And by a few heavy books...I'm pretty sure most people go for a half dozen encyclopedias.

-Rik

Nov 18, 2008
CA
How to use this clip properly when i get one?

Simply slide the cards(in the box) in to the clip and let them sit overnight or something. Or you can carry the boxed cards in the clip in your pocket so they won't warp from body heat.

Oct 13, 2008
So it's just a pressure thing, right?
Strange. I kept a deck devided into 4 piles under some heavy books for a day. It still clicks.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results