"Sneak Peek" A Creation of Mine

Nov 26, 2009
"Sneak Peek"

-A card is randomly chosen by the spectator and then the card is visibly placed at the bottom of the deck. The deck is then placed into the completely inspectable empty pack. The card is shown to be on the bottom once more. The spectator then pulls the card on top of the deck forward and makes sure that they are only pulling one card. The card is shown and then places back on top. The rest is magic... as the original chosen card jumps to the top of the deck and then back to the bottom. The deck is in the hands of the spectator at the end of the effect and they are able to inspect the deck as they please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCxtnrvRXy0

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Ok. That's kind of nifty, I guess. It's very difficult to judge with absolutely no presentation. My reaction to the effect itself is kind of, "Ok, so?"

I'd like to see it performed for an audience to see how it plays.

Nov 26, 2009
It definitely works a lot better for an audience. I just wanted to show that nothing shifty was going on throughout the effect (for example: doing something off camera). It works so well because it allows for a lot of hands on participation from the spectator(s) with holding the empty pack, the deck, and removing cards.

Feb 16, 2009
South Bend, IN
"Sneak Peek"

-A card is randomly chosen by the spectator and then the card is visibly placed at the bottom of the deck. The deck is then placed into the completely inspectable empty pack. The card is shown to be on the bottom once more. The spectator then pulls the card on top of the deck forward and makes sure that they are only pulling one card. The card is shown and then places back on top. The rest is magic... as the original chosen card jumps to the top of the deck and then back to the bottom. The deck is in the hands of the spectator at the end of the effect and they are able to inspect the deck as they please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCxtnrvRXy0

Ok, my first opinion was that a lot of the handling seemed unnatural. I mean the initial overhand shuffle sequence was too slow. Nobody mixes cards that deliberately.

Also, the slip force was obvious. If an audience member see that, the entire effect is gone.

Maybe you could film this with spectators and we could give you better feedback. Right now, based on this video I think the effect is ok.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results