Snow Days - Justin Miller

Sep 1, 2007
Savannah, GA
Snow Days - Justin Miller

Some effects are flashy, in-your-face, and jaw-dropping. They leave the spectator speechless in wonder and amazement. Snow Days isn't one of them.
Instead, snow days is an effect paced nicely that allows the spectator to think back to being in school and having the "pleasure" of school canceled...it reminds them of winters and fun they used to have as a kid. It's an effect that leaves them smiling and just "happy." Ironic an effect called "Snow Days" could leave one feeling warm inside, no?

The Effect:
Basically, three solid white cards are shown with circles, "Snow balls," on each of them. One at a time the balls jump to the back of a selected card. Then, after all three have traveled, they, in the blink of an eye, join each other to become a snowman complete with hat, nose, and eyes. But, alas, all good things must come to an end. The magician takes out a lighter and holds it under the card and the snowman melts off the card with water actually falling into the spectator's hand. The card is turned over to show a melted snowman is all that remains, and the spectator gets to keep the card as a remembrance of the magical trip to a snowy day and the sunny day that followed.

Buying from Justin:
Easy to buy from and the item shipped quickly. Always a pleasure. His website is www.closeupjm.com , however I was told the routine is being shot professionally by Kozmo Magic, so I'm not entirely sure it's currently available. I didn't see it on the site...

The teaching:
Justin is always a great teacher to learn from. He goes, step by step, over the entire routine complete with all the subtilties you'll need to pull it off without a hitch.

Pros:
Just a "cool" effect that shows the originality of Justin. It'd be a cool enough effect by itself, but the water from the card is an unexpected stroke of genius
Spectator's tend to smile from the beginning. It's an effect with a built in story line that you can alter to personalize it, but overall you could mimic Justin beginning to end and it would go over well.
The spectator gets to keep the card (this is HUGE because it's a very original card).

Cons:
This isn't THAT much of a magician fooler. Magicians will smile at the creativeness of it, but they probably won't fall to the floor in awe.
You're never "clean."
There's a few knacky sleights, but nothing impossible or all THAT difficult.

Overall opinion:
If you're a casual performer that just does magic for family and friends at random, this probably isn't your effect. Why? You're never "clean." It's meant as an interesting story with surprises along the way---not an effect that your buddies can hassle you about. This is far from a "street magic" or "strolling magic" effect...however, if you have a regular restaurant gig, this is a great effect. It'll leave your audience smiling and a little nostalgic. It's a very cool addition if nothing else than for the sleights Justin goes over, as they can be applied to multiple effects. (I'm biased because I'm an admited huge fan of Justin's, so allow me to stress again for the Theory11 boards: This IS NOT a street-magic effect.)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results