So many overhand shuffle techniques - The most deceptive?

Jul 28, 2017
So I am getting a bit overwhelmed with all the different shuffle techniques and concepts and just want some opinions on which to use when and if there are just some shuffles that are better than others.

So I am very comfortable with the Overhand in-jog shuffle, shuffle cards off, injog, shuffle more etc and then either shuffle again to the jog and drop or switch to cutting cards and do double undercuts or swing cuts or what ever.

I am also even more comfortable with the Overhand Lift Shuffle where the packet you drop is then picked up as you shuffle more cards off and then dropped at the end to maintain the top stock.

I really like the Lift shuffle because of all the control you have.
- Bottom stock control
- Top stock control
- Top and Bottom stock control
- Adding or removing cards to the top and bottom stock and controlling them
- Full deck false shuffle

The only issue I see is that you can see the lifted pack from almost all angles, obviously speed helps a lot but I am not sure that it is the best to use because of how visible it is. Unless I am doing it wrong or it is that I can see it because I am doing it and others won't notice.

I also like the mahatma shuffle a lot. That is quite sneaky. Mahatma into milk shuffle is awesome.

Hindu shuffle is nice as well and the lift technique works for that as well as jogging in some sense.

I just want some opinions and maybe some help on getting my lift shuffle invisible.

Cheers guys!

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
The false overhand shuffle should be done like a normal shuffle. You don't even have to say you are shuffling them. Just drop your hands, do the shuffle, and keep talking. You need to use misdirection, just like everything else.

Also, tilt your hand sleightly inwards.

Ha, sleightly. Didn't even realize I wrote that at first :D

Reactions: FunkyBottoms
Jul 28, 2017
The false overhand shuffle should be done like a normal shuffle. You don't even have to say you are shuffling them. Just drop your hands, do the shuffle, and keep talking. You need to use misdirection, just like everything else.

Also, tilt your hand sleightly inwards.

Ha, sleightly. Didn't even realize I wrote that at first :D

Ooow badum tch! Hahaha

Reactions: Maaz Hasan
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results