Soldiers Deck of Cards

Nov 27, 2009
I saw Justin do an interview somewhere where he did a very similar trick. It had the same basic ending production with a different picture, and he said he had released it.

...And with a little google search I found it. You don't get the same image, but it's the same idea.
http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/card-magic/card-artistry/

As far as the opening bit with the soldiers deck story goes, I'd just work that out myself. It doesn't appear to be difficult.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
You can learn everything you need to know about the opening by studying the "Story Telling Deck" plot, the most famous example of which is probably Sam The Bellhop. The ending is a marketed trick as YRAMagicMan said. The script has been used in many different things, I know Hank Williams did a song of it, but I think it might be older? Not sure, haven't done the research.

This is a good example of taking a basic principle or procedure and altering it to be new or interesting. Most people just do Sam The Bellhop, copying Bill Malone to a T. Some do like that aussie magician James or Jason something or other, and make up their own story. Some take it a step past that.

Apr 14, 2011
Any place you'd recommend learning the story telling deck? Seems useful to have in my repertoire.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Sam The Bellhop is a story telling deck. They all work pretty much the same, only the story changes.

Note: This actually takes some skill in performing, it's not just sleights.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results