Some thoughts & help on my coins across please

Jun 13, 2013
Germany
Hey friends,

so I recorded my coins across:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0hkd_YILAQ
Please excuse the bad video quality but I think you still should be able to see what I am doing.
I need help: In the last phase I am using han ping chen and it doesn't work for me out of the named reason towards the end of the video. I am searching for another way of doing the last phase but with a different method than the ones before.
Cheers
Philipp
PS: Admittetly I am not very good at this technique.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 28, 2011
haahaha, nice trick though.Try to practice a little bit more because in some parts you are giving away the method.And, i am not really into coin magic but try to contact Eric Jones, he is an excellent coin guy.And finally, buy a new camera i know there are some cheaps out there.
If you have any doubts PM here in the forums.
Cheers
Fran Dc

hey, the camera quality made it slightly annoying to watch and critique. But i'd say you're actually working harder then you need to be.
Granted i don't actually do a traditional coins across but i do a three coins to spectators hand. (hold one out, click pass, retention pass)
which i like because it doesn't require a table.

What exactly are you planning on using this routine for? strolling? formal show? just to have in your repertoire?

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
The camera quality, as mentioned, is a problem. You could be making some significant errors without us being able to see because it's blurry and that will hide a lot.

Watching now. First, you move you hands too much. You seem fidgety and nervous.

You talk a lot, but you don't say much. Perhaps something is lost because there's no real audience in the video. You're basically telling the story of the props and, honestly, no one cares about the story of the props. So they're just focusing on your hands. What scripting you do have that isn't just talking about what you are doing, is old jokes that were bad when they were first used decades ago.

Even with the bad camera quality you seem stiff and unnatural. This is probably why you're having trouble. You need to practice until you've got it down properly, and practice while saying your script.

In short: Practice more.

muchhhh better video, i can actually see whats happening now. As long as it works for you the routine seems fine.
When i do a click pass my hand is actually the other way around (thumb up/on the left, fingers down) but your click pass seems fine to me. Just don't bring to much attention to it, it should be subtle.
If you finger palm the coins a bit lower(towards the pinky) it will free up you middle finger and make it slightly easier to palm the third coin. But i think it's easiest to palm the two you have in finger palm. To do this silently you need to move them as if they were one coin.
And maybe talk and misdirect at the same time just to cover any possible sounds

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results