Something Different

Hey all,

I putting together a formal close up show that i plan an auditioning at the Magic Castle (eventually).
But at the moment there's way to much card stuff, So I'm looking for non card, non coin tricks that are (or can be turned into) several minute routine.

Thanks and much appreciated!
-Anthony

P.S I already have a bill routine in my show.

Jun 13, 2013
Germany
Hey Anthony,

first of all this process will take you years.

1. First you should define your character!

2. You should look at tricks you like and modify them to your character!

3. You should pay as often as you can!

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
For starters I've seen Ring routines that totally astound audiences but it's more due to the performer, their personality and the character they bring to the table. If the reactions you get are weak then look at how you present the material and how you interact with your audience -- how do you draw them into the story that you use in your presentation.

When it comes to routines that have a bit more longevity to them my first suggestion will always be the Cups & Balls and if you'd like, using a combo set that has a chop cup included so that you can do a short Chop Cup add-on to the classic routine. I know my routine runs about 5 minutes which is really about all you really want to push with any one effect.

Sounds like you need to flesh out your knowledge of magic given the limitations you're placing on yourself. You may want to look into books & videos that deal with improvisation and bar magic routines. Stevens Magic used to have a fairly large stock of such material and I'm certain if you were to contact them they could help you out.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results