Sony Vegas Pro Question

Sep 2, 2007
Yes, I do realize this is a little off topic and does not relate directly to magic, but it does relate to the filming aspect.

I have a question regarding the importing of files to Sony Vegas. I have a Kodak Zi6 and when I upload my videos to the computer the are in MPG4 file format. But when I import these files into Sony Vegas Pro (9.0) they are not recognized. Does anyone know how to make these files compatible with Sony Vegas while still maintaining the HD video quality?

Sep 1, 2007
New Zealand
Yes, I do realize this is a little off topic and does not relate directly to magic, but it does relate to the filming aspect.

I have a question regarding the importing of files to Sony Vegas. I have a Kodak Zi6 and when I upload my videos to the computer the are in MPG4 file format. But when I import these files into Sony Vegas Pro (9.0) they are not recognized. Does anyone know how to make these files compatible with Sony Vegas while still maintaining the HD video quality?

You shouldn't upload them to your computer first, use Sony Vegas to upload them straight into the program

Jul 13, 2009
What operating system do you have?

If it is a mac I just import it into a Imovie and then save it in a format that Adobe Aftereffect takes.

I guess if you have a windows, (since you have sony vegas which is windows right?) you could put in movie maker and save the clip in WMV and then import it into sony.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results