Sony Vegas

Dec 16, 2011
Hey Guys!
so a couple of months ago i put up a thread about editing software and what to get!
now i am actually ready to buy it so i think im going to buy sony vegas but im not sure which one is vegas!
is it vegas pro 11? the $300 one or is it the sony vegas that is $125 im really confused!
please place the link for the right one! also to have fcpx do you need final cut studio?
Thanks,
:: Yousaf Ejaz

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Final Cut Pro X will burn to a DVD but does NOT allow you to author a DVD at all. You get a play button and a black or white background and can import 1 picture as well. You can't make little chapter screens and such in Final Cut Pro X.

DVD studio Pro to author has been discontinued.

I've heard Sony Vegas is great. Typically the more you pay the more add ons and bells and whistles you get. I know Mandy from Papercrane edits in Sony Vegas but I'm assuming it is the best, top of the line version.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Right...any of them will edit your your videos and allow you to upload to Vimeo and Youtbube and such,but many guys who like to author the DVD's and mass sell them need a program that can get it on DVD as well with menu buttons. I wasn't sure what all your needs were.

May 15, 2010
I agree what's been said here. As an amateur film maker, Sony Vegas Movie Studio (normal) has more than met my needs.

Happy video making,
Mahu

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results