Sources for Misdirection

Mar 15, 2017
Sup guys, so I have a school project. I'm doing a presentation oral on how people can take advantage of misdirection. The rather needy teacher asked us (my class and I) to present three sources for our subject. Any recommendations; videos, hooks (especially books), et cetera, are welcome. Thanks!

Oct 18, 2017
Sup guys, so I have a school project. I'm doing a presentation oral on how people can take advantage of misdirection. The rather needy teacher asked us (my class and I) to present three sources for our subject. Any recommendations; videos, hooks (especially books), et cetera, are welcome. Thanks!

You might want to watch the TED Talks with Apollo Robbins.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
I believe Verbal Magic by Juan Tamariz might help you (but I would double check with someone who really knows the book, because I could be 100% wrong here. I've only heard of it, and looked into it a bit, but do not own it).

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
The Art of Switching Decks by Giobbi is largely a treatise on misdirection. Though it is a bit expensive to obtain just to site as a reference for a school project, but excellent if you wish to learn about misdirection or even deck switching. Also Card College Vol II and Expert Card Technique. These both have sections on misdirection. Your most practical option is the free pdf Magic Mind (Essential Essays for Magicians) Edited by Joshua Jay. You may be able to site a few of the individual essays as separate references, though that is probably a grey area.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
The books you want is Magic in Theory: An Introduction to the Theoretical and Psychological Elements of Conjuring by Peter Lamont and Richard Wiseman (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1902806506/) and Misdirection Does Not Exist by Tommy Wonder with annotations by Tom Stone (http://wargmagic.com/shop/ebook/misdirection-does-not-exist/). The Tommy Wonder book contains the writings from The Books of Wonder which are currently out of print.

I believe Verbal Magic by Juan Tamariz might help you.

The better book would be Tamariz's Five Points in Magic. The Crossing the Gaze deck switch is pure genius.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results