Spectator does the magic...

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
We all know magic in the spectators hands get the wildest reactions but what about when the spectator actually does the magic?

For example the effect "Spectator Cuts To The Aces" has gotten me reactions such as " :eek: How did you do that?" and this was the perfect chance for me to say, "I don't know. You did it; so you tell me how..."

Which effects allow the spectator to do the magic? Please include the name of the effect, the creator of the effect and resources for learning the effect.

Cheers,
Shanku :)

Aug 31, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
sow by the lung (i think thats the spelling) its by benjamin earl on minutes past midnight and is do as i do trick but its probably my fav trick from that dvd and i have got insane reactions

Feb 2, 2008
Psychic Stop, Expert Card Technique, p.330... the riffle force taught by DnD in Commercial can be used, so the effect is that the spectator just sees a card (in her mind she only thinks of it) and then she finds it herself by saying 'Stop' as the magician deals the cards face down in her palm :)

Sep 1, 2007
I present the Biddle Trick in such a way as the spectator "does the magic".

When you really let loose on presentation ideas, its interesting to see just how far you can twist a concept; rather than look for specific tricks where the spectators "do the magic", see if you can take something you already know and rework the presentation.

But on the subject of "spectator does the magic", you might want to check out Allan Ackerman's "Self Working Quick Co-incidence" - its a real worker for me.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Equivoque... that's a hard word to spell. And if you're spectator happens to a magician... anything's fair game! :p

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Search and Destroy - 'Aaron Fisher'

It can be found in his book The Paper Engine p.104. It's almost completely self-working and the one thing you have to do isn't even really a move. I love it and whenever I have the oppurtunity to do so, I do it. It's VERY powerful.

- Sean

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Man, Sean, you beat me to it! I was just about to post that when I scrolled up and saw your post!

Read your mind ;) Long distance yo'.

I guess, there are a LOT of effects where you can have (or at least make it seem to) the magic happen in the spectators hands.

An example I might use, whilst doesn't happen in their hands they DO choose the cards. Derren Brown's Oil and Water routine - In the second phase of the effect, the cards are shuffled by the performer and spread out on the table, the spectator chooses 5 cards they think are the same colour. When the cards are shown to be the same colour they generally tend to freak out a tad.

Obviously the magic doesn't happen in their hands per se, but they DO partake in the magic and that's half of it. The other half is making them think they did it all themselves. ;)

Just my little view on it all.

- Sean

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results