Spectators' Questions

Nov 11, 2007
Memphis, Tennessee
What do you guys do when spectators ask "too many" questions. The thing that keeps happening when I perform is they ask a question too early that their eyes will answer in a second. Let's say they ask if their card is on top, and it is (with the help of a DL), but their asking sort of takes them away from the effect. Do you guys answer, smart@$$ remark, ignore, or what? Thanks for the help.

SG

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
If the card is on top and they ask (assuming you're doing an ACR.. it sounds like it) if it is, then play with them and say something like "Well done, you got it!" or something.

Remember, it's not about you.. it's about them.

Oct 16, 2007
it just depends.
You have to be that good of a performer, that when stuff like that happens, you can have the audience management to handle it.

It may mean make a smart comment or totally ignore them <--but make it a joke
never offend the spectator. Let the magic speak for itself at times.

And this stuff will always happen. There are always hecklers, so don't sweat it too much, just keep performing, and you'll learn how to react to the situation each time.

Maybe practice a way to get out of the heat if you can. Maybe change tricks right in the middle of the first trick. maybe for a Dl, turn it back over and since its now the second card, palm it over to your hand while they make their comment/ you look at them and their eyes meet yours.
Then say "ok, then, you shuffle the deck, it's all yours" <-- make the trick theirs now, giving the deck to the audeicne is always a good kicker.
And since you have the card in your hand, put it in any pocket and have them look through the deck for their card.

Something simple like that, to get out of the heat.

I'll mix things up.

Example, I was in an ACR and they asked (before I did my pass) if it was gonna be on top. I then said "Nah he ran to the bottom" and showed it on the bottom (I use this weird reverse pass thingy I created (at least to my knowledge) so it plays along like the pass with no odd movements).

Thats improvition (thats spelled wrong I bet lol), in other cases (like you stated) they may ask when its done. What I usually do is show them it then get out of the routine (this happens during ACRs so i'll just stop the acr and go onto something else).

~PaCo

P.S. Is there anything in the Forum Regs of having your posts 50%+ in parenthesis (lol)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results