Sponge Balls...

Feb 9, 2009
Reno, NV
I just purchased some and I have no experience with them whatsoever.

I like close-up magic, are these pretty easily to learn?

And are the effects on people pretty good?

Oct 21, 2007
www.hi5.com
Spongeballs are great, but like everything else they need practice to make them look good. I recommend you get Jay Noblezada's SPONGE. Great DVD, and some great routines taught it in.

Jun 22, 2008
I second that, sponge is a great DVD. Almost everything you need to know about sponge balls.

Sep 1, 2007
I'm really not a fan of Jay's DVDs. His technique is always sketchy at best and his teaching suffers from the same problem.

There's a DVD simply titled "Amazing Magic Tricks with Sponge Balls" that teaches pretty much every basic sleight you need as well as a few routines. Great starter DVD, very clear teaching if a bit clinical, and classic plots that everyone should know anyway.

I believe there's also a volume on sponges in L&L's World's Greatest Magic DVD series. Those are usually pretty high quality.

Feb 9, 2009
Reno, NV
I really want to learn the one where you hand the spectator some balls and it multiplies to like 7 or so balls.
Or is that the same as the classic multiply, but with more balls?

I know how the basic routines work, it looks like I'll need a lot of practice since it involves a lot of false sleights.

Sep 1, 2007
I really want to learn the one where you hand the spectator some balls and it multiplies to like 7 or so balls.
Or is that the same as the classic multiply, but with more balls?

I know how the basic routines work, it looks like I'll need a lot of practice since it involves a lot of false sleights.

It's the same plot with different variations. Eugene Burger teaches a nice variation on the plot on his appearance in The Magic Library series, volume 4. But just about any sponge ball DVD will have some version of it.

Jan 1, 2008
i have problems with spongeballs, theyre not as impromptu as i wish they were.

I'm also really into theater, an when i do shows we always have to put on like 20 pounds of make up on our faces, so what i used to do is perform a spongeball routine with make-up sponges. you can pick up a pack of like 50 for 10.00 :D

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
i have problems with spongeballs, theyre not as impromptu as i wish they were.

I'm also really into theater, an when i do shows we always have to put on like 20 pounds of make up on our faces, so what i used to do is perform a spongeball routine with make-up sponges. you can pick up a pack of like 50 for 10.00 :D

Spongeballs? Not impromptu?

...I'm tired, so I'll leave someone else to lecture you.

Jan 1, 2008
i dont mean that theryre gimmicked, i just mean theyre too much of a prop, if that makes sense, i do sponge balls, i am a fan of them, but i use makeup sponges instead of balls, like jay sankey w/ earplugs

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results