Spoon Bend?

Jan 18, 2008
memphis,tn
Mindbender dvd by Chad Sanborn is good. Not the best of teaching though. You also get an awesome coin routine and a good rubberband trick. But almost everyone will reccomend Liquid metal. It looks better too.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
If you want to bend spoons you WILL go through alot of spoons, in a 2 hour table slot I'll go through probably 50 or so spoons, maybe more, just on my staple routine.

For what's on the market now, check out liquid metal, psychokinetic silverware, banachek's vol 4, some of osterlinds stuff is cool too.

I'm shooting a DVD on the subject next month with the merchant of magic - I'd pick up one of the staple DVDs mentioned above and keep some cash aside for my release, it's got LOTS on the subject with some new concepts and some very bold stuff too :)

A few of the guys here that have seen my work will vouch for the quality I'm sure. Plus it's being shot in HD in the VIP area of a james bond style cocktail bar so it MUST be cool :p

D.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
I can attest for Dee's bending skills. His spooning ability really IS a sight to behold! haha, seriously though, He has some VERY special work on the subject, his two spoon routine alone could be worth the price of a feature length DVD, but having seen some of his work with keys and coins, It really will be up there with the best!

As an aside, I have also founf great success with Sandborn's optical bend, as well as a (right now-unpublished) bend by Jean Luc Bertrand.

CL

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
Sexy. Cheers Chris.

On Exitmat's comment, if you bend a spoon over and over the bend it's self gets really hot, which isn't nice if you contact. Also a spoon can only be bent a few times before fatigue bars begin to form, the little creases in the metal, the spoon dies pretty quickly when you get to that stage.

But if you think about how many cheap spoons you can get for the price of flash paper or something like that - I can get in a store 4 spoons for about 47 pence, so under $1.

If you get them in bulk, naturally they're even cheaper.

In the US look out for the dominion stuff, I've heard that's pretty economical and works nicely and here in the UK I favor ASDA's value tea spoons, they're really good and cheap!

D.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
And I second the ASDA spoons. Great minds.
As it stands, for practicing your favourite key bends, you can pick up mis-cut or dummy keys from a key cutter's for REALLY cheap. I actually picked up about 15 for about £3, so look around!

I believe I actually picked them up from the cutter's in ASDA too!

God bless cheap supermarkets!

CL

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Haha, I really am- that should be my slogan

'Chris- Saving magician's money since 2006!'

haha.

And no, thats not when I got into magic, it's when I started gaffing everyday items for my buddies.

But FYI guy's, the sparkle additive could well be... quite a lucrative proposition, so if I get enough response on the subject I might just market my little concept...

CL

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
he's french. He can bend spoons, produce smoke from his fingertips, kill a man with his mind, and still have time to romance a lady and take her to dinner.

What a guy!

CL

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results