Sports Prediction

Nov 10, 2009
I'll Only tell PedoBear
Hey guys,

I am a amateur mentalist and I know a fair amount, but there is still more I need to know. I have always wanted to predict the outcome to a sporting event at my school and also the final score of the game. I have tried to find places to learn this but with no luck. I wondering where I can learn this though and for a reasonable price.

thanks
-Daspazzz

Last edited by a moderator:
May 3, 2008
Well there isn't really a method for predicting the future but it looks like Postmentalism by Alvo Stockman could be would you're looking for. I don't own it but I've heard it's great.

May 3, 2008
You could do that easily with Postmentalism. Just mail the prediction to someone and have them not open it right away so that they can do it publically.

Sep 24, 2007
Have you searched through 13 steps to Mentalism? The billet-inserting devices in step four will solve your problem.

Jan 13, 2008
When mentalists (or magicians, I suppose) pull off a prediction like that, it's the same method used for many other predictions, only dressed up with theatrics. You could use the method from Postmentalism, for example, and just dress up the effect however you like. Instead of mailing the prediction, you could say, put the prediction (envelope containing your predictions) in a lock-box (or treasure chest, if you prefer; whatever you want to use) and hang it from the scoreboard of your school's team. Leave it hanging there for a week (or however long you like) to build up hype; have it announced that you'll be doing this prediction, to add to the hype, and so people will actually know what the lock-box is there for (and will hopefully talk about it).

As you go along your mentalist journey, you'll realize that all of these "big effects" that people do are not really all that difficult (or new, beyond the presentation) a lot of the time...it's just classic effects, classic sleights, etc, dressed up in a new way (this includes Postmentalism, too).

As an FYI, if you have some mentalism books already, then I'm assuming you would already have a method within those texts, making a new purchase unnecessary. Just dress it up to suit your needs.

Good luck with your prediction. :)

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I was recently put in the awkward position of inadvertently "discovering" the method of Postmentalism, without realising that that was the method, having played with ideas and uses for the necessary gimmick for a few months. Oops. Gotta love independent invention. It would certainly work.

The easiest way would probably just be Corinda, as Chicken mentioned above. If you haven't discovered that, you can't have been looking very hard.

Jan 16, 2008
Practical Mental Effects has a very aptly named section called "Publicity Stunts". Please, get Fundamentals in order to get maximum impact out of a publicity stunt. Why waste this chance by squandering a miraculous effect?

::dAvid

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results