Spreading cards to a break

F

fmos2

Hi, can anyone give me some advice regarding spreading to a card that is underneath a break held by the pinky? I find that as soon as I start spreading, I seem to lose the break and then don't know where the card is. Thanks.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
The first thing you should do is Bevel the packet above the break just a bit. Then when your other hand comes over, use the 3rd or 2nd Finger to contact the card above the gap. As you do this, spread through the deck. You will spread directly to the card. Also, if you take a glance at the deck, the card you are looking for will stick out when you start spreading the top packet, and you can follow it with your eyes.

F

fmos2

Is this in the context of a classic force? If it is, I prefer to force the card above the break. Why? Because I can maintain contact with the card during the spread.

Among other things, yeah. My problem is more to do with the mechanics of the spread, because I do it by pushing with the left thumb and pulling with the right fingers underneath (as taught in CC 1), which causes me to lose the break.

F

fmos2

The first thing you should do is Bevel the packet above the break just a bit. Then when your other hand comes over, use the 3rd or 2nd Finger to contact the card above the gap. As you do this, spread through the deck. You will spread directly to the card. Also, if you take a glance at the deck, the card you are looking for will stick out when you start spreading the top packet, and you can follow it with your eyes.

Sounds promising but I use my right fingers to pull the cards to the right, so I'm not sure if that would still enable me to maintain contact with the card above the break.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Sounds promising but I use my right fingers to pull the cards to the right, so I'm not sure if that would still enable me to maintain contact with the card above the break.
(Assuming you hold the deck in the left hand)
You should be thumbing over the cards with the left hand, and just lightly pulling the cards with the right hand. The right hand is really just there to keep the cards from falling. And if it is a normal spread, your fingers should already naturally be able to touch the general area you need.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results