Spring Street Magic

Jan 5, 2009
Small town Ohio
So I saw RDChoppers thread earlier with his posting of him performing for real people.
Great idea! haha.
I know here at theory 11, people don't like posts regarding the same subject but I think live performances are an exception to that rule. So here's my performance video from a couple weeks ago. (although, it's not edited all cool like ;])

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKwJkp2iGbs

I totally agree with the go out and perform motto.
I mean come on, most all of us always have cards on us at all times, if not other things. So why not do some magic for people?
If I'm ever bored, that's what I do. It's amazing fun and great practice. :]

good job, way to go out and work on some stuff and make a difference in somebody's day...with how cheap and small cameras are getting - like the flip's only like $100 i think i saw at best buy - you should be able to get video almost anywhere to put up for critique and improvement, good job

Jul 14, 2008
I gotta say, I was impressed by your skills and I strongly agreed the motto "Go out and perform". Simply amazing, keep it up!

So I saw RDChoppers thread earlier with his posting of him performing for real people.
Great idea! haha.
I know here at theory 11, people don't like posts regarding the same subject but I think live performances are an exception to that rule. So here's my performance video from a couple weeks ago. (although, it's not edited all cool like ;])

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKwJkp2iGbs

I totally agree with the go out and perform motto.
I mean come on, most all of us always have cards on us at all times, if not other things. So why not do some magic for people?
If I'm ever bored, that's what I do. It's amazing fun and great practice. :]
Amanda, i have some question and critique.......

what effect did you do to the guy in the red hat???? whats its name??? the one where you pit the torn card in his hand??? anyways the effect was priceless....handsdown......

as far as the whole thing goes.....what can i say...i'll give you on a scale of 10 you'll get 10.....so kudos to you there....

sweet stigmata....loved the pressure......

the only hit i have is this...and like i said..i'm a huge fan..so take it with a grain of salt....did you really have to choose a playground??? i mean there are better places.....but all in all i loved it..u rock....a classic....

Oct 2, 2008
UK
Jinai.deviantart.com
*applaud*, i fully enjoyed watching that performance.

I have an idea people, how bout we create a topic on people's live performances or something, this could be a weekly thing where we get to watch other people perform for real people, real time. That way, we could get proper critiques, proper improvements, newer concepts and ideas. What do you think?

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
*applaud*, i fully enjoyed watching that performance.

I have an idea people, how bout we create a topic on people's live performances or something, this could be a weekly thing where we get to watch other people perform for real people, real time. That way, we could get proper critiques, proper improvements, newer concepts and ideas. What do you think?

haha, I just posted that on my thread shakutau, thanks for robbing me the idea;)jk. It can be done, lets make it.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 2, 2008
UK
Jinai.deviantart.com
Friends, it's Shak, not Shank. Shank is knifing somebody. Shakutau is just a soul among a million souls. Although i did get the inspiration from the name: Shas'O Kais from warhammer, and Silva from Shaman King.

Jan 5, 2009
Small town Ohio
Amanda, i have some question and critique.......

what effect did you do to the guy in the red hat???? whats its name??? the one where you pit the torn card in his hand??? anyways the effect was priceless....handsdown......

as far as the whole thing goes.....what can i say...i'll give you on a scale of 10 you'll get 10.....so kudos to you there....

sweet stigmata....loved the pressure......

the only hit i have is this...and like i said..i'm a huge fan..so take it with a grain of salt....did you really have to choose a playground??? i mean there are better places.....but all in all i loved it..u rock....a classic....

I'm really not sure of the name of that trick. I honestly didn't even get a chance to finish it because he ran away haha. I was supposed to finish the effect by making the torn card be pieced back together, just folded up. I saw David Blaine perform it. I watched it over and over until i figured it out. Go to youtube and type in David Blaine and Tyra Banks, lol, and you should find it.

And it wasn't just a playground, it was a park. I was home from college and in my home town, a park is about all we have, haha. I live in a tinyyyyy town.

Thank you for all of your comments!! :]

I'm really not sure of the name of that trick. I honestly didn't even get a chance to finish it because he ran away haha. I was supposed to finish the effect by making the torn card be pieced back together, just folded up. I saw David Blaine perform it. I watched it over and over until i figured it out. Go to youtube and type in David Blaine and Tyra Banks, lol, and you should find it.

And it wasn't just a playground, it was a park. I was home from college and in my home town, a park is about all we have, haha. I live in a tinyyyyy town.

Thank you for all of your comments!! :]
got ya...i totally understand.....its like my place.....got ya...ur welcome..but really thank you for posting....i think i speak for us all...we enjoyed it...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results