Stage Magic

Jan 17, 2015
Hello Theory11,

Just had a show today and would like to share what I learnt as well as would like to gain a few tips.

Today I had to do a mute show due to some changes and found out the except for the hyper-ring routine nearly all of my fiber optics routine got nearly no reaction at all except confusion because I believe it does not make sense and is too small.

Therefore I know I won't be doing fiber optics again for this location.

However, I would like to know some tips and mainly some more stage effects that don't require props like silks (frankly I couldn't get them in my place). Also, thumb tip is not an option as my thumb is way to skinny.

Also, it would be helpful if you could suggest lots of hard-hitting high impact but not very difficult memorization and/or mentalism effects.
I can make a fake gaffer tape blindfold, however.

Thanks!

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
John Archer's Murphy's lecture has some great stage stuff including a balloon swallow and some great mentalism. Geoff Williams teaches a newspaper tear and a great stage packet trick on his lecture. As far as your experience with the rope magic I'm not sure why you didn't get the reactions you hoped for. I have performed professor's nightmare completely mute before with great reactions so I can't really relate there and I've seen a few magicians including Dan Harlan really kill doing a completely silent rope routine.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results