Stage Mentalism Routines

Aug 25, 2012
What is the best source of stage mentalism? I know most mentalism effects can be done on stage but are there any that are better than others, if you could recommend some that would be great!

Sep 1, 2007
Okay, back up for a second. What do you already have? What have you already performed? What specialization are you gravitating toward right now?

Apr 2, 2011
Germany
Take a look at Luca Volpes stuff. I use his Ultimate Chair Test Routine. Easy to do, and a killer.
But he has some other good work too.

Sep 1, 2007
Another game of "Hey! Do you know bla bla bla.."

Please no. I can't recommend crap unless I know what I'm dealing with. My only concern right now is that I'm talking to someone who's more interested in buying tricks than actually learning what makes for good mentalism.

Apr 20, 2013
Please no. I can't recommend crap unless I know what I'm dealing with. My only concern right now is that I'm talking to someone who's more interested in buying tricks than actually learning what makes for good mentalism.

that is, my friend, my concern as well.
Most of "newcomers magicians" thinks that if they bought lots of dvds and gimmicks, they'll become david blaine or max maven.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Another game of "Hey! Do you know bla bla bla.."

My favorite game! Can it be my turn? I know Alex was first in line, but he seems to be waiting for more information.

1. Hey! Do you know that all mentalism effects can be adapted for stage? Any effect that can play for three people can be adapted for stage.

2. Hey! Do you know that the most important thing in making a mentalism effect work on stage it the performer? Effects don't play big, performers do.

3. Hey! Do you know that an effect that is great for me, might be a flop for you (see #2)?

4. Hey! Do you know that learning single effects is the worst way to learn mentalism? Read Cassidy's Fundamentals, Fulves' Self Working Mental Magic, Anneman's Practical Mental Magic and Corindina's 13 Steps (preferably in that order). You could do an entire stage show with any one of those books.

Who's next?

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Objection! (See what I did there, David?)

You took more than one turn and used up all the good ones.

Apr 20, 2013
4. Hey! Do you know that learning single effects is the worst way to learn mentalism? Read Cassidy's Fundamentals, Fulves' Self Working Mental Magic, Anneman's Practical Mental Magic and Corindina's 13 Steps (preferably in that order). You could do an entire stage show with any one of those books.

Who's next?

Not to be a Spelling Nazi over here, R1, but it's CORINDA not Corindina :))
This game is so popular, it blows the roof off every magic forum, lol.

Aug 25, 2012
LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL, Aside From reading 13 steps, which was a great beginner book, there are very few routines in which I would use beside probably a white board pencil reading, I have worked with envelopes and it's not my thing as well as far as a swami goes not my cup of tea. I don't learn, as for what I have I have a few Bob Cassidy pdf's the "starter" pdf's, as well as max maven which I really haven't read a ton of. I have also purchased lectures and spent numerous hours, reading. I have purchased a few lectures through penguin magic, not for a single effect that was featured in the trailer but because I did my research and I liked a persons style, performance, as well as routines. And let's not forget the amount of articles I have read about how to improve a stage performance. Also to answer a few questions; Sincera when in the hell did I say I wanted gimmicks or dvd's I wanted some other sources besides what I already have which is most of what was posted here as well for the performers and books, and Mr. Steerpike i'm not a fan of you being a cocky A-hole, I love how on every single thread you go on a rant about how everything is just absolutely wrong, and Wyattsb your statements are just plain stupid instead of getting out panties in a wad over the internet especially on a FORUM, let's take a step back and look at the definition of a forum; Forum, Noun; A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged... Would you look at that, I am looking for none more that to exchange ideas. Anymore questions you guys would like me to answer, I got all night.

Sep 1, 2007
and Mr. Steerpike i'm not a fan of you being a cocky A-hole, I love how on every single thread you go on a rant about how everything is just absolutely wrong,

My heart is breaking. Now what of my other questions? What have you actually performed and what are you gravitating toward: telepathy, clairvoyance, precognition or psychokinesis? What Bob Cassidy books have you read? If Fundamentals isn't in that list, that needs to be fixed.

You may have all night, but I ascribe a little more value to my time.

Aug 25, 2012
As for Bob Cassidy I have fundamentals 1&2, as for what I have a bigger preference of is all except psychokinesis. Most of what I do I present as telepathy of precognition, I have studied some clairvoyance, I have about about clairvoyance that I havent voyaged deeply into as it is exam week and it's a newer book I have purchased: How to Read the Aura and Practice Psychometry, Telepathy, and Clairvoyance

Sep 1, 2007
If you're choosing to specialize in telepathy, then your whole show should be telepathy. What do you already have that's telepathy? Because I guarantee if you the books you say you do, there's enough for an entire stage routine right there.

Apr 20, 2013
I'm sure you're confused with which one to perform if you have that lots of sources.
My advice:
1. Pick a theme
2. Pick a style of presentation or persona
3. Pick a trick from the sources you already have
4. Wala, there you go.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results