Stand Up Magic

Nov 13, 2009
Hey Guys,

I have heard lots of discussion about close up and restaurant magic here and this is the kind of magic I do mostly. But what I want to discuss in this thread is Stand Up Magic. By stand up I mean not quite close up but not quite stage. Usually a audience between 20 - 60 people. Do you guys do alot of stand up? How does stand up differ from close up? What is your favorite stand up routine?

I have done some stand up and my favorite stand up effecs are as follows,

Invisible deck - I Love this one its gets the audience involved. Packs Small and plays big.

Multiplying Red Balls - I have used this effect for a long time and I just love it.

Linking rings - Packs farely small but is a good visual effect and is big enough for all the specators to see it

Cups and Balls - My very favorite stand up effect ever. I just love it. I love the ending. I love the over all effect. I love it.

Those are a few of my favorites what are yours? I have seriously considered getting Fiber Optics Extended by Richard Sanders. Do you guys think this would make a good stand up piece.( I already use the professers nightmare plot.) There are so many wonderful stand up pieces out there like torn and restored news paper, like some leviations, like dollar bill to lemon, ect. I just thought we could narrow it down to a list of the best of the best.

So what are your guys thoughts on stand up magic?

Thanks,

Christian

Feb 28, 2008
Wouldn't this be parlour magic?

I do the ID in bigger situations as well as Clutch and Distortion. Back palming is something else I would like to try in this type of environment.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results