Standup Show for 30 people

Oct 11, 2007
I am doing a standup show/closeup show. Basically its going to be about 30 people who work for JP Morgan and Chase and they will be seated in two long tables and i will be performing in front of them.

I am asking for ideas on some tricks that you think that would hit that type of crowd hard.

Here are just two of the items i am thinking about... Bill Abbotts Smartass and also Extractor. Firstly do you think these would be good tricks for this arena?

Also if you have any other ideas it would be very helpful because i normally do close up magic:) any help would be helpful and appreciate your suggestions

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I am doing a standup show/closeup show. Basically its going to be about 30 people who work for JP Morgan and Chase and they will be seated in two long tables and i will be performing in front of them.

I am asking for ideas on some tricks that you think that would hit that type of crowd hard.

Here are just two of the items i am thinking about... Bill Abbotts Smartass and also Extractor. Firstly do you think these would be good tricks for this arena?

Also if you have any other ideas it would be very helpful because i normally do close up magic:) any help would be helpful and appreciate your suggestions

I'm not trying to be really negative here, but why in the world did you take a show if you didn't have a proper routine lined out? :rolleyes:

Dec 30, 2007
I'm not trying to be really negative here, but why in the world did you take a show if you didn't have a proper routine lined out? :rolleyes:

Tru dat brotha, you betta have you routine sorted out an' **** befo' you take dat gig, know what I'm sayin'?

Sep 2, 2007
California
Sometimes it is good to take the opportunity and agree to do a show even if you don't have all of your effects lined up (provided you have enough time to get a show together) because it can provided a good foundation for starting out and doing bigger shows of this sort.

I did this a few years ago by agreeing to do a stage show. Though in this show, I performed mainly parlor type effects which the audience could see well.

This is what I suggest you do. Learn a good rope routine (Fiber Optics, Tabery, etc.), make up some effects with jumbo cards, if you have control over the lighting use D'lites, oh, and a torn and restored newspaper is also a good effect to perform for this amount of people.

Be creative with your patter, don't just perform the tricks and tell whats happening, but have a reason or a story behind each effect and good transitions for moving onto others. Script your entire show and practice it!

Best,
Adrian

Oct 11, 2007
im not worried about the gig. I am curious thow to what i should throw into the gig. Like maybe one or 2 items that i already don't have planned.

Any ideas on effects?

Do you think smartass and extractor would be good for it?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results