Static by David Jade vs Scared by Jamie Daws

Pete Pridanonda

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2009
I prefer static for a number of reasons:
1.) The spectator can examine all the cards before and after in static.
2.) You can keep the static gimmick in your deck and do other tricks with that deck and the spectator will never notice, with the gimmick for scared, they will. (One time my spectator accidentally pick the gimmick card during a pick a card trick and they didn't even notice that it's there. They're holding the gimmick!!!)
3.) The spectator handle the cards themselves, you get more audience participation and the magic happens in their hands.
4.) There are two surprises; the deck cuts itself and their card shoot out five feet away from the deck.
5.) More presentational possibilities.
6.) The deck is squared when you place it down, with scared, the deck CANNOT be squared.
Well, I highly recommend you get static, it's way better than scared and the price is $15 less. I own both static and scared but static gets better reactions and I use it daily. If you don't get static, you'll be missing out on a whole lot.

Feb 1, 2011
but with static , can you control the speed when it cut the deck itself ?? I saw the demo , the part where the deck cut itself was too fast .

Pete Pridanonda

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2009
You can control the speed of the cut somewhat, in other words, the cards will cut slow if you slowly move your hands away away from the deck; if you look at the demo, he moves his hand away with a pretty fast jerking motion. When I do it, I told the spectator to slowly release and move the hand away and the cards eerily cuts itself very slow everytime. If you'd like, you can take a look at my easter magic video on my youtube, the last effect is static, you'll see what I mean.

Jun 23, 2011
Quito, Ecuador
I recommend scared as it is almost impromptu (gimmick made on the fly), also there's a method in which the spectator be the one who holds the pack, plus there is a variety of routines that can be done with the scared gimmick. furthermore, you can even control the speed of the deck cutting itself and is very easy.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results