Stealing from a Sandwich

Nov 18, 2008
CA
I guess if you only wanted the inside you could slap the person, take the stuff and leave the bread.

No seriously, a cull would work well.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
... ok people, you can't really give an answer until the OP answers the following question. The sandwich you are trying to steal from, are you only holding the 3 cards, or are you holding the entire deck, with the sandwich either on top or in the middle of a spread somewhere.

If the sandwich is in the deck somewhere, and you are say, spreading the entire deck to show the sandwich, then yes, a cull would work fine. However, if you are trying to steal from the sandwich, and it is the only thing you are holding, then things become more difficult.

If the sandwiched card is a double, and you are only trying to steal away one card, there are several methods... however, if you are trying to steal away just the one card but make people belief it is still there, you will need to master palming and various subtleties of misdirection. Either way, you will have some difficulties.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
I often steal cards from between two other cards!

The paths I generally go down are either passing the packet, moving the two sandwich cards to the top, both on top of the selected card, then copping it away, or a side steal while apparently displaying the condition of the sandwich.

However, something I've been playing with recently, is showing the sandwich, squaring up, snapping my fingers, then performing a block pushover of the top two cards to apparently show that the centre card has vanished. I then steal the card away as I drop the sandwich cards to the table or into the spectators hands for inspection. I like this little gambit a lot.

CL

Sep 1, 2007
Here's an interesting approach for you. Lets say your sandwich cards are the two red aces, and the "meat" is a queen. Say phase one is a typical sandwich effect and you reveal the queen, placing it face up on top of the red aces, with the deck in left hand dealing position. Do a double pushover of the top two cards (Q and A) and lever them face down onto the deck, immediately pushing over the top card underneath the remaining ace (which should look like an insertion *between* the two aces). You are now set for any number of false shows of 2 cards as three - there's an excellent trick called illusion in art of astonishment which has some great work on this. Then any time you like you can reveal the disappearance, and the Q is sitting on top of the deck ready for you to do what you want with it. I've had a good time with this sequence, but I haven't really found a "bigger picture" to fit it into yet - perhaps you'll have more luck.

There's an excellent sandwich steal on David Regal's "Tricks" volume 3 - its an effect very similar to Grasshopper also in AOA and really good fun.

Cheers,
David

May 8, 2008
England
With the cards in the hand as you 'close' the sandwhich it's pretty easy to get a lateral palm/palm... Or if they're on the deck a backslip kind of move, tbh though there's better ideas than these in the posts above.

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
Theres one in PH's Art of Astonishment. Can't remember which one but someone might know.

Paul basically uses a cop but its the way he gets into it thats interesting.

Aug 24, 2008
Greece
Theres one in PH's Art of Astonishment. Can't remember which one but someone might know.

Paul basically uses a cop but its the way he gets into it thats interesting.

i think you are reffering to Illusion
Its a pretty good trick and i have fun performing it

George

Nov 19, 2008
Bloomington, IN
thanks

Thanks for the help sorry it took me so long to get back on. The effect I'm trying to produce is a transpo between two sandwiches. I believe I found a good method as soon as i get the kinks worked out i will try to post a performance vid and let you guys tell me what you think be hard on me if you must critisim is what makes me more determined. :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results