Status
Not open for further replies.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
I felt it appropriate to make a thread regarding the recent banning of Steerpike, as I have received a couple PMs regarding this very issue.

First and foremost, Steerpike was not banned for creating a thread that led to intelligent discussion among members (though I do think he could have phrased things a little better). In fact, we encourage you all to post such topics.

The fact is, he has zero respect for our staff, moderators, and community in large. This is evident through PMs sent to me and others privately, laced with profanity. I won't repeat some of the extremely offensive and disrespectful things he said here... as it's not my place and definitely not appropriate for a forum that the younger generation frequents.

We very, very rarely ban members - especially ones that contribute. In this case, I personally tried to reason with Steerpike (who has been banned twice in the past for this same reason) time and time and time again - as did others - to no avail. In actuality, banning him was our very last resort.

We cannot and will not tolerate such blatant disrespect (again, things said via PM) towards our community and staff. This was not my call, but rather a decision that was reached by our entire team.

Hope this clears up any prejudgments and/or assumptions. I'm going to close this thread, only because I see no reason for the issue to be discussed further. However, feel free to PM me. Definitely down for a one-on-one (pun intended) discussion - as I have had with a few others.

Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results