Stop cards from "Hardening"?

Dec 9, 2016
If I play with my cards for a while, doing some shuffles, what not. The cards get "stuck" on two positions, I mean, they get either curved and if I push the cards to the opposite side of the curve, it goes to the opposite curve and gets stuck there and I need to wait for the cards to get soft again (Don't know if I'm explaining it very well, tell me if you need further explaining"). How do I stop the cards from getting stuck like that, and how do I prevent it in the future?

Dec 5, 2016
Tennessee
tjfritts.com
My experience with Bicycle decks has been that it's not too hard to take the bow out of the deck if you don't let it get too exaggerated to start with. When the deck starts showing a bit of bow from one direction (say after five shuffle/cascades) then straighten it out then before it gets worse.

If it's becoming a major problem and the cards are developing a serious bow memory, you may look at card clips or perhaps putting your decks underneath a book to help "weigh them down" to take some bow out. I don't know what kind/brand you use, so my experience with cheapo Bikes might not be as applicable as some who may chime in later.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
What you are describing is a "click bend" which usually results from using cards in a humid climate or having sweaty hands. The edges of the cards absorb moisture and expand while the middle of the cards remain the same. Take a piece of paper and wet the edge... you will see what happens. The cards go the same way. The click bend goes away when the edges of the cards go back to the same huidity as the rest of the card.

The solution is to use the cards less by rotating a couple of decks when you are practicing a long time. Also, washing your hands before practicing helps keep oils off the cards.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results