Stray Arachnids

Jul 25, 2012
Detroit, MI
While some may wonder why spider's have anything to do with magic allow me to explain, a huge fear stem's from me being bitten by one as young child, while doing some street magic in the middle of the coin waltz by alex pandera, i saw a spider of the wall near me and i freaked out and started over reacting and hyper ventalating not only did it ruin the trick but the spectators had to talk me down from the top of a table.....has anyone else ever had a happening like this?

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I'm not that arachnophobic, no, but if I see a spider I do generally move away from it. You can overcome a phobia with willpower if you want. It will mean having to be scared a lot for a bit, but if you just keep reframing the fearful thoughts (the spider is going to get me) into more realistic thoughts (most spiders want nothing to do with something so large and will leave you alone if you leave them alone) and also keep in mind the benefits of spiders (They eat many of the pests that plague urban areas like ants) you can try to keep yourself calm. Also remember that if you start over reacting, you can calm yourself down with slow, deep breathes and by trying to keep a cool head.

Also, a therapist schooled in exposure therapy can cure arachnophobia in a day (so I'm told). If it's a big enough problem, you may want to invest in something like that.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results