Strike Second - Hand Position

Feb 6, 2008
hey, i was wondering if there is a hand position that works best for the streke second. probably the only thing that wasn't covered. i have medium to large hands and i find that if i hold the deck in my normal mechanics grip my thumbs touch and interfere with the deal. it works better if i hold it up higher, with the front of the deck at about the middle of the second bone in my first finger. any tips or help?

Sep 2, 2007
London
I don't think this is something anyone else can tell you. It's all about what feels best for you. As long as you get the key elements in place (natural and relaxed grip, inner left corner pivoting on the base of your thumb, gentle rocking necktie motion, brief that's big enough for you to hit confidently, clean take, consistent rhythm) then you can play around with your hand position all you like. Given how you've worded your question though, it seems as though your issue is in your thumb position when you push the top card off. Maybe you don't need to move the deck in your hand, maybe you just need to change the position of your left thumb.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results