Stripper Deck vs Invisible Deck

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
Is the stripper deck or invisible deck better? If you only could get one, which one would you get?

I do not own either. Honestly, if I were to get either, I'd hunker down, research what both can do, and see if/what sort of routines I could create from either.

I'm extremely budget oriented. Something like this for me could take a week to a month. I'm all about getting magic that I'm going to utilize for a while.

Again, I do not own either and we (more than likely) perform for two completely different audiences. What might help in making the best decision is knowing what audience do you perform for and what is your setting?

I know this isn't a straight answer, I wouldn't feel right if I suggested one thing and the other happened to work better with what you do.

I hope this helps in some capacity. And I apologize if any of this sounds rudimentary

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
I love strippers. Wait, that didn't sound right. Let's try again. I love to use stripper decks in magic performances. They are a great tool with many uses. That being said, some laypeople know the secret, so I wouldn't let a spectator examine it, but if the deck is made well, there is no reason the spectator can't handle the cards.

That being said, the invisible deck is a miracle. The best magic effect for the price. You can hand out the thought of card at the end and that's all the spectator needs to see.

I'd say get both. If you can only get one, get the invisible deck.

Jun 3, 2015
Lake District, UK
Personally I love the invisible deck, if you keep it on you then there is a miracle ready to go at any moment.

That being said, a good stripper deck can also be invaluable and can be a lot of fun if you are creative with it and may well provide you with more material for an act than an invisible deck.

If I can only have one, it has got to be the invisible deck every day of the week because like I said, it is a miracle just sitting there waiting to happen.

As Brett said though, what works for some may not work for others.

Jun 3, 2015
Lake District, UK
I love strippers. Wait, that didn't sound right.

No my friend, it sounded exactly right.

I love to use stripper decks in magic performances. They are a great tool with many uses. That being said, some laypeople know the secret, so I wouldn't let a spectator examine it, but if the deck is made well, there is no reason the spectator can't handle the cards.

That being said, the invisible deck is a miracle. The best magic effect for the price. You can hand out the thought of card at the end and that's all the spectator needs to see.

I'd say get both. If you can only get one, get the invisible deck.
Agree 100%.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
The Invisible Deck is considered by many to be the greatest card trick ever devised.

It is nowhere near as versatile as the stripper deck though.

With the ID you get basically 1 great trick (While there are a couple other variations, check out Craig Petty's DVD Roughed or Jay Sankey's invisible for ideas). With the stripper deck you get a great utility deck that can be used as a normal deck as well as be examined at any time.

Jun 3, 2015
I personally prefer my invisible deck because its always set and i have my own story and routine that i do with it and people always seem to love it

May 25, 2015
As many people have said already, I personally would choose the invisible deck. For the main reason that sometimes I use invisible deck as a way to recover from a trick that I might have messed up.

Maxcode

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2015
I love both but I would go with the invisible deck it is so amazing it is insane it looks like something a pro would do when anyone could do it but stripper decks you can do more with but requires some skill

Aug 20, 2015
Is the stripper deck or invisible deck better? If you only could get one, which one would you get?

The two decks are amazing. I prefer the invisible deck but I like the stripper deck too. This is my opinion of all:
-The stripper deck is very cool, and you can do very cool effects. And the Invisible Deck is very cool too, but you can do only 1 effect, but this effect is completly amazing! Is more amazing than all the effects that you can do with the stripper deck.
-If you want to do a long routine with the same cards, the best option is the stripper deck. But if you want to do an opener for your shows or only a trick, the best option is the invisible deck.

Jul 2, 2015
Out of the two, i prefer the invisible deck. It gets better reactions and I am more comfortable using it

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results