Strong Magic by Darwin Ortiz

Aug 14, 2010
Is Strong Magic by Darwin Ortiz a good book that talks about presentation and showmanship on STREET MAGIC? Thanks!

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Enzo...by no means do I mean any disrespect here, but do you do any research at all on things yourself or do you just post the question here and expect everyone to answer?

With that being said it is an essential book in any magician's collection and is one of my top 3 favorites. It will change the way you think about magic, presentation, etc. which can be applied to ANY setting. It doesn't just come out and give you a Street magic section if that is what you are asking.

Aug 14, 2010
Yes I do a lot of research first. The reason why I always ask here is because I believe and trust you guys. Thanks!

Mar 11, 2011
Probably one of the top 5 magic books EVER written and it has no tricks or pictures in it! It is an ESSENTIAL book for any magician, hobbiest or worker!

tjf

May 23, 2009
Hi Enzo,

Even though it was written after Strong Magic, I think I'd recommend reading 'Designing Miracles' before you read Strong Magic. It's short and a quick read and sets the stage nicely for things that are discussed in Strong Magic.

Can't go wrong with either of them.

tjf.

Aug 2, 2008
Cincinnati
Strong Magic is awesome. I have read it once and can't wait to read it again, this time with coin magic in mind. It's an awesome book. The points he makes are very insightful and he uses plenty of good examples for his points. I always had a computer by me so I could look up clips of what he was talking, although most are fairly well known that you probably won't have to do this. Awesome book though.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results