Strong mentalism

Sep 1, 2010
hey wassup. i am a huge fan of really impossible mentalism e.g.
peek devices
prediction pads (eg you write down a prediction, they say a card/number and you open prediction and it's right)
and tricks that get into their mind (they think of a number and you get it right)

i am a close up/street magician. does anyone know any DVD's that teaches this stuff? that would be awesome :)

(i hope theory11 produces more mentalism stuff haha)

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Whilst predictions are among the strongest mentalism it is some of the hardest to present. The strongest effects in mentalism is when you deal with personal things to them. Names numbers are useless and meaningless. However name their first crush and what they looked like and the effect would be much much stronger and more memorable.

To make mentalism real you need to be te effect everything you perform is meant to be an extension of you and your abilities.

Jan 21, 2010
Colin Mcleod's Opening Minds is a great all around mentalism DVD, which will improve your mentalism in general. Three discs out of four are devoted to stage magic, though a few of these can be adapted for a group on the street. The fourth, however, is killer one on one mentalism. There is an effect where not only do you name the card the spectator was thinking of in an extremely fair manner, you influence them to pick a card YOU are thinking of in an even more fair manner. It blows people away every time. Also if you are into gimmicks check out psypher.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
To make mentalism real you need to be the effect everything you perform is meant to be an extension of you and your abilities.

Best advice in the thread.

There are a number of books and dvd's that will help you, but no one method is going to be good without a strong(convincing) character.

Mar 10, 2011
JNGmagic, I understand your predicament, however; D ICE R is correct, what you're asking for is reserved for the experienced hand. I am not saying you are not experienced but I am agreeing with D ICE R: these effects are very challenging to exploit. I will recommend a book: 13 steps to mentalism is excellent in these dealings. Since you asked for a DVD though, I will also recommend Emotional Intelligence by Luke Jermay,this will give you an acceptable foundation in cold reading.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results