STUCK by Michael Weiss

Jan 4, 2009
West Allis,WI
Hey ladies and gents'...thought Id share my somewhat crude video promo for my effect Stuck, a Torn & Restorn card effect with a few little twists. Hope you guys enjoy and love to hear your feedback and if you can, hit those ratings. Thanks to all of you for the support, the explation PDF booklet is in the works and will be out in due time. :D
http://vimeo.com/6810109
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpT230FAWl0

Last edited by a moderator:

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Wow man...better than I anticipated it to be.

Really enjoyed it and after all this time talking about it, I'm glad you're finishing it up.

Very well done.

Inferno | Kaiser

Jan 4, 2009
West Allis,WI
Well thanks guys....it took a long time to get this from concept to something workable...and yes the pdf will be finished a.s.a.p...just got some life issues to fix..lol :p

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Awesome effect and idea. Looks very much like Garcia's Torn, perhaps this is where you got your inspiration or groundwork. There is a coin vanish named STUCK as well out there somewhere. The artists names escapes me right now.

Overall, I loved it. Nice work.

Jan 4, 2009
West Allis,WI
Yes indeed, the inspiration in part is in thanks to DG, but the actual method is quite diffrent. Im glad your really enjoying the effect. I thought it was a great idea, from concept to finish it was a tedious project of over half a year.

Awesome effect and idea. Looks very much like Garcia's Torn, perhaps this is where you got your inspiration or groundwork. There is a coin vanish named STUCK as well out there somewhere. The artists names escapes me right now.

Overall, I loved it. Nice work.

STUCK by Greg Rostami.

Michael...that was cool as chops. I agree with Vega that the handling was a bit much and could be smoothed out (and the tape restoration should be faster in my opinion as it seems like a joke to your specs so you wouldn't want to bore them when they think they know what you're doing after you stick on the first bit of tape...if ya' get me?), but the idea is awesome. Really creative.

Props dude.

I'll pick up that PDF booklet when you release it to show you just how much i mean the above. PM me when you release it as I forget things very...

Rabid

Jan 4, 2009
West Allis,WI
STUCK by Greg Rostami.

Michael...that was cool as chops. I agree with Vega that the handling was a bit much and could be smoothed out (and the tape restoration should be faster in my opinion as it seems like a joke to your specs so you wouldn't want to bore them when they think they know what you're doing after you stick on the first bit of tape...if ya' get me?), but the idea is awesome. Really creative.

Props dude.

I'll pick up that PDF booklet when you release it to show you just how much i mean the above. PM me when you release it as I forget things very...

Rabid
I can agree it could be a little faster.....and the point of the effect is its suppose to be a joke. This effect helps expand how you present your magic....plus its a comedy routine.

Vorezo

Elite Member
Mar 21, 2009
Hmm but after the first 2 times your spectators would be bored.. They know you ar going to stick all peices to the tape (they might not see the ending coming). By the time all peices are stuck on the tape the ending will come off like meh.

It was good creativity though!

Jan 4, 2009
West Allis,WI
Hmm but after the first 2 times your spectators would be bored.. They know you ar going to stick all peices to the tape (they might not see the ending coming). By the time all peices are stuck on the tape the ending will come off like meh.

It was good creativity though!
Well as said before this is a comedy bit, with proper presentation it has fooled alot of people....I merely left it out to get visual aspect of the effect. The ending of the effect...well I totally disagree with you, Ive gotten great reactions, and there isnt much clean up in the end. Hope this helps and thanks for the feedback.:)

Vorezo

Elite Member
Mar 21, 2009
Ok... In my opinion the joke would get old after the first time, as i dont see how a presentation would fit that..BUT I do hope to see a video with presentation to change my mind.

An idea (not sure if i would work with method), but maybe rip the card in half, and only rip 1 of the halves agian making 3 peices. The do the joke the first time with one peice, then magicly restore the 2 halves together?

May 31, 2008
Looks very cool, we would've liked to hear your presentation, but it's no big deal. Great idea, I've been wondering about this for a while since it's been in your signature.

Jan 4, 2009
West Allis,WI
Well thanks man....and Im glad to hear people are injoying the idea of STUCK. Eventually I will redo the promo and either film a presentation one on one or within a group of random people....which is always good. People have questioned the actual practicality of this effect, and well it seems to entertain people very well. But thanks to all of you for your feedback so far....some changes will be changed and slightly modified....thanks everyone.:D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results