Stuck Original Effect

Oct 13, 2012
Lithuania
:) Another application of an old idea. I like how you performed it, everything was smooth and neither too fast nor too slow. However, I
don't think it is an original effect not because it was performed before in exactly the same way but because all the methods and ideas are pretty old. Anyway keep up the good work, I enjoyed watching this video.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
It's a good trick which I'm sure will get some decent reactions. You need some kind of presentation for it, though. What you showed just leads people to want to figure it out, and quite simply that trick isn't strong enough to withstand a lot of scrutiny.

Also, why have I just watched you perform for 1:14 and I still don't know what you look like?

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
:) Another application of an old idea. I like how you performed it, everything was smooth and neither too fast nor too slow. However, I
don't think it is an original effect not because it was performed before in exactly the same way but because all the methods and ideas are pretty old. Anyway keep up the good work, I enjoyed watching this video.

That line really confounds me. . . based on that logic it would be impossible to bring anything "new" to market, regardless the niche area of magic you might be focused on. Just a quick look at major illusions and how many award winning effects that have come out in the past two decades using really old methods . . . Wow! I guess we're not in touch with things. . .

Most magic uses "old" techniques and methods no matter what it may be or when it was created. The Pea & Shell is based in part on the moves done with the Cups & Balls as is most any "Monte" effect even though we might be talking about playing cards vs. hiding an object beneath an object; the psychology and approach will be the same, it's impossible to do otherwise in that most of the moves we know with whatever it is we are focusing on, have been around for eons . . . quite literally in some cases.

Just a bit of perspective, nothing more.;)

Oct 13, 2012
Lithuania
That line really confounds me. . . based on that logic it would be impossible to bring anything "new" to market, regardless the niche area of magic you might be focused on. Just a quick look at major illusions and how many award winning effects that have come out in the past two decades using really old methods . . . Wow! I guess we're not in touch with things. . .

Most magic uses "old" techniques and methods no matter what it may be or when it was created. The Pea & Shell is based in part on the moves done with the Cups & Balls as is most any "Monte" effect even though we might be talking about playing cards vs. hiding an object beneath an object; the psychology and approach will be the same, it's impossible to do otherwise in that most of the moves we know with whatever it is we are focusing on, have been around for eons . . . quite literally in some cases.

Just a bit of perspective, nothing more.;)

I know, I know, Craig... I've written complete s**t in the previous post. Was in the awful mood probably. Like 99% (maybe exaggerated a little bit) of tricks are created using those "old methods". Sorry....

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results