Sub Rosa Review

Jul 3, 2014
First I’d like to say I have purchased other products of Jason’s and have enjoyed them very much. This one however is a disappointment.

The concept of Sub Rosa is great. I knew what it was before I purchased it, but would consider my knowledge of it very low. I purchased this hopping to gain a little more knowledge, however to my disappointment the information is as basic as you can get and still deliver Sub Rosa. The little knowledge I had before ordering was obtained simply by searching the internet, and this video sadly had nothing new to add. I find this so disappointing because I’m sure Jason knows more about this one subject than I do about all of magic. I would like to say Jason did a thorough job in the section on constructing your own cards!

The Sub Rosa decks are ok. You can defiantly see where the aces are in the deck simply by examining the deck. This shouldn’t be a problem since most spectators won’t examine the deck unless you telegraph the move. The tool used to make the aces must be getting dull because a couple of my cards were quite rough looking. I don’t wish to explain too much to prevent exposure.

Wrap up: If you know nothing on the subject of Sub Rosa then you will learn the absolute basics of what it is and how to do it, with almost no application. If however you already know what it is and how it works then I suggest you save your money.

Again, I respect Jason. His knowledge and skills are amazing and my disappointment with the lack of information in this video will not prevent me from purchasing more of his products.

Jacob

Reactions: magicalsponge

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
So are you saying that it's not with getting and using? I know how an invisible deck works, but I still buy them. Did you like the concept and will you use it?

I think application is not really important because there are tons of tricks that you could apply this to.

It would be cool if they made an second video part with some more advanced information about it. They could make it available for purchase only for those who have already purchased it (like they do with refills).

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
First I’d like to say I have purchased other products of Jason’s and have enjoyed them very much. This one however is a disappointment.

The concept of Sub Rosa is great. I knew what it was before I purchased it, but would consider my knowledge of it very low. I purchased this hopping to gain a little more knowledge, however to my disappointment the information is as basic as you can get and still deliver Sub Rosa. The little knowledge I had before ordering was obtained simply by searching the internet, and this video sadly had nothing new to add. I find this so disappointing because I’m sure Jason knows more about this one subject than I do about all of magic. I would like to say Jason did a thorough job in the section on constructing your own cards!

The Sub Rosa decks are ok. You can defiantly see where the aces are in the deck simply by examining the deck. This shouldn’t be a problem since most spectators won’t examine the deck unless you telegraph the move. The tool used to make the aces must be getting dull because a couple of my cards were quite rough looking. I don’t wish to explain too much to prevent exposure.

Wrap up: If you know nothing on the subject of Sub Rosa then you will learn the absolute basics of what it is and how to do it, with almost no application. If however you already know what it is and how it works then I suggest you save your money.

Again, I respect Jason. His knowledge and skills are amazing and my disappointment with the lack of information in this video will not prevent me from purchasing more of his products.

Jacob
Perhaps you shouldn't call it a disappointment outright. Yes, it was a disappointment for you (since you already knew it), but I'm sure others will enjoy learning about it (if they don't know the concept). You may scare away prospective buyers based on your review. Also, Jason's "basic information" was done on purpose to protect others, it wasn't due to laziness, it was well warranted.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results