Sudden Deck II by David Regal: Reviewed

Jan 5, 2008
Oklahoma
Here's what it looks like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRlIlJBFuLE

Intro:
What a great effect! I've had this for almost 2 years now it is always my most talked about effect when I do a card set;essentially it only lasts about 30-60 seconds and gets you into your card routine, but laymen always ask me to do the "CARD BOX TRICK," again and again. The rest of my routine is great and gets great reactions, but the most lasting impression is the first impression which is generally my performance of Sudden Deck II by David Regal.

Difficulty: 2/10
This is not technically difficult, there is really only one move in the entire routine, but it's not really a sleight. The "non-sleight move," :) isn't very knacky at all; you should have it down within 20-30 minutes. The presentation could be constructed under several different premises so there's a lot of flexibility when you're conceiving what type of presentation you want to use. I prefer the way it's used in the demo video above, but add a little of my own personality as should you. Portability of the effect is very simple. It fits in my cargo pocket inside the pants I wear and is ready at a moments notice. You get 2 gimmicks with the effect; I've had this for nearly 2 years and am still on the first one. The gimmick is very easy to put together and does most of the work for you.

Overall: 9/10
This is a great opening card effect and is a perfect way to introduce a deck of cards. I use Panic frequently following my performance of Sudden Deck II. This trick smoothly opens a card set and isn't hard at all. I LOVE this trick! I hope this review entices someone to purchase this trick and enjoy it as much as I have. Hope this helps someone pick their next effect.

Here's where I purchased my copy: It's a local magic shop in Tulsa, OK but they have a great policy of exchanging a product if you don't like it. They'll give you a refund or let you exchange the item for another no questions asked.

http://www.magic.org/store/product_info.php?products_id=5768

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Oh damn. That looks incredible. This sounds really fantastic. I can totally see myself using this if it's pretty practical. Seems like you've had a lot of success with it.

Jan 5, 2008
Oklahoma
It's definitely worked out well for me. My idea of practical is something I can carry on me and perform without much difficulty; and this fits the bill. If you prefer to you use a brief case as opposed to carrying it in your pockets it would work well in that format or like in the demo video, you could use an envelope to introduce the gimmick.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
definitely not surrounded, The angles are decent, (Perhaps a bit more than a 90 degree window (120?). I've never thought about using it in a walkaround setting. I should try that. Because of the angles, I would not call it 100% practical. However, it has been a fantastic purchase. The only problem I have is getting the speed of the "non-slieght" fast enough. Of course there are ways around that, but even speaking with David, this is common, but he says it's fast enough to the spec.

Great purchase.

J

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results