Sudden magic performance...

Vastago

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Mexico
Well....

I need help here...

I've been into magic for a year and a half... but i dont perform a lot (school takes my time x_x)...

anyway A month ago i performed for my girlfriends family at a party, they were blown out by simple tricks and kept asking for more...

this next weekend ill be trapped XD with them at the mountains for 2 days.... (we are going to be camping),
The problem is, that the last time i performed for them, i wasnt ready, but i pulled out some basic tricks (ACM, UCT, Do as i do).

So... this time im ready, I have panic, my ID and 4 more powerful tricks built into my routine....

the thing is... should i power up my performance?? because i think that it will just leave them starving with better tricks and at this rate ill probably run out of high impact tricks (it has happened before to me..)

I have a back up plan... and it consist of fairly simple tricks... like the biddle trick, TCM and all that kind of stuff mixed with a little bit of mentalism.. so i can pull out the ID at the end....

so... what do you think? anykind of advice would be appreciated...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
I've also been stuck in a situation like that, if you have to perform for a long duration of time then just pace yourself so you don't run out of tricks for the two days. If you're staying with them I would stay away from some gimmicks unless you can hide them without them noticing. ;) good luck

Something similar just happened to me today, I've shown my friends some stuff here and there and I usually don't perform for them unless I'm feeling really up-beat or have had not such a tiring day (school, barely any sleep etc.) So, one of my friends is the type of people who amazes easily so I showed her the business card name mind reading trick, I believe called Acidus Pokus? It's on the Stigmata, ANYWAYS she told her family about it and they want me to come show them some stuff, I found it quite odd since we're good friends and it just sorta set me back a few steps and realized how it affects people.

Anyways for your troubles, I would perform simple impromptu stuff for them if they ask for it, or just say I'll do some later etc. If you have a gaff deck pull a few bad-boys out near the end of your trip and really stun them, and just as your about to leave perform your favourite most stunning piece of magic, to leave them stumped on the trip home. I performed Panic right before I went home last friday at the end of the school day and left him going mad over the weekend, it's one way to leave an lasting impression on them.

My 2 cents

-RA69

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results