Suggestions for Stage Magic

Jul 3, 2011
Oregon
Soon I will be doing my first stage show by performing for my church. I have only ever done close up magic so this will be my first time performing for more than 10 people. Problem is, since I have only ever done close-up magic, I have no stage magic (except for Dresscode) in my repertoire. It would be really helpful if I could get some suggestions of some good stage tricks and maybe even some ideas of how I could use those effects to their best in a Christian church. Thanks.

Apr 2, 2011
the magicians insurance policy is cheap, and great!!! its only 5 bucks but with a good routine it can create miracles

Oct 20, 2008
Austin, TX area
There is an entire field of gospel magic that you may be able to look into. I'm loathe to name names in an unprotected forum. Search for the word gospel at any of your regular resources.

Exploring the spiritual uses of stage magic may also help you decide what effects to learn. This way, you won't pick up an effect and realize it has little use for your theme or act.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
Though I rarely recommend it, there's a big green splotch on the internet. . . a cyber cafe of sorts that "magicians" are known to hang at. You will find a decent sized section there on Gospel Magic, it's one of the few places I've seen it though there was an entire forum at one time... see if the Society of Christian Magicians still has an active group. You can likewise do a search for Andre Kole; he's a wonderful man that has done an award winning Gospel Illusion show for 30 some years. I know he could point you to some decent material.

Though dated a bit, there are some manuscripts by Ed White. . . they may have been exclusive through Irelands back in the day so Google Magic Inc.+Chicago, ask them about "Magic with a Heavenly Touch" and see if they have any other titles of his. Magic Inc is one of the oldest, still standing Brick & Mortar shops going.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results