SURE by Luis Vega

Feb 5, 2010
The effect:
The performer asks the spectator to select a card from the deck. The card is remembered and if wanted signed
The performer takes the card and buries it in the deck. Immediately the performer turns over the top card and of
course its not the selected card. the performer just separate the card a moment and he says that the selected
card is still lost in the deck as he directs attention to the deck just like that he asks the audience "wait are you SURE
this wasnt your card?" and the top card has changed into the selection while being always face up and in full view.

It is a great opener for anyone of any level. The method is simple enough for a person new to magic to do. But gets great reactions for the seasoned performer. This effect replaces my opener or if someone hands me a deck and wants me to do something.

Dec 12, 2009
London Uk
I second what Reapx has said,
although I do not use the exact same methods and misdirection, it is a great trick.
I know what Luis Vega means about when you first introduce your self to an audience you have about a minute to grab everyones interest and this does the trick.

I cannot wait for Luis Vega's Manifesto.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results