Surfaced Review by Rmendbball

Mar 3, 2008
SURFACED BY CHAD NELSONSurfaced has great moves, great tricks, and a great teacher. Chad goes into detail on everything except for 1 move that you can learn somewhere else. I will go through the tricks, and rate them 1/10 on how much i like them , and their difficulty, 10 being extra mega super hard.

Freefall- 9/10, difficulty 9/10. This trick is great. I love the concept . it is pretty tough though. The trick is easy, but the sleights are tough.

Rum Jungle- 8/10 difficulty, 5/10 . Once you get the hang of it, it is very easy, you will love this one. Its great for when someone asks you to show you a trick.

Tricycle- 10/10, difficulty 6/10 This is my favorite effect on the dvd. It gets great reactions, people will think that they are following everything, but BAM, the end KILLS.

Clean hook- 6/10, difficulty 8/10, This trick is pretty neat. some sleights are tough, and the production is kinda hard. You have to practice the production A LOT to make it look good. But the idea is pretty cool, a 4 card production with 1 hand behind your back

Criterion-10/10, difficulty 5/10- this effect is my favorite, being tied with tricycle. When you watch the performance, you will say, jeez that must have a long setup, and is probably pretty tough. WRONG. It is great, not to tough, NO SETUP (unless you want to do the production at the beginning).

Fourplay- 8/10, difficulty 7/10, some of the sleights are hard. Chad doesn't explain one of the sleights. Its a pretty tough 1. I came up with a different sleight replacing the one he didn't explain. But it is a really great effect.

#@*! OFF- 3/10, difficulty 4/10, I dont really like this effect. It looks great, but isn't impromptu. Personally, I only like impromptu card magic. Don't like dupes, double backers, double facers etc. if you like that kind of stuff, you will love this one, but me...

Thats it on the effects, here are the sleights.

Clip Shift- 10/10, difficulty 8/10, This move is SOOOOO useful. SO MANY APPLICATIONS. Kinda hard.

26 shift- 9/10, difficulty 10/10, this is the hardest move on the DVD. It is useful, and once you learn it, you WILL use it. I'm practicing it now.

Palming- 10/10, difficulty 5/10. Some palms are tougher than others. it is good to learn the clipshift before you attempt these. I use these a lot now. I was never really a palming guy, but now I am.

Booklet- 10/10 I LOVE THIS THING, If they didn't include it, I would have learned the clipshift the wrong way (well not the WRONG way, but worse than I do it now) It has all the trick descriptions, notes, and the entire clipshift broken down, and explained in FULL detail.

Overall- 10/10 AMAZING, I wasn't expecting this, buy this NOW, you wont regret it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great review!:D When you get some of the tricks down good, could you post your perfomances on Youtube? Or just post Chad's performances.;) I might buy this if the performances look good. By the way can you learn the sleight in Fourplay that was not explained in another source?

Happy Days,
TheCardMagician

Mar 3, 2008
He briefly goes over the move in fourplay but not in great detail, if you play around with it, you will be able to figure it out. I will soon post my performances on youtube. You cant really not buy it because of the effects. I would have gladly payed the price for it without the tricks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results