Swami?

Sep 1, 2007
I'm looking to get into Mentalism, and am looking for a good Swami (nail writer). Does anyone know of any? I used to have a Super Sharpie but I couldn't get it to "stay in place", so I never really used it. I ended up trading it away, which I kind of regret. I know some people have said the Super Sharpie sucks and is way overpriced, so what would be a good one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
boon/ vernet nail writer, they can be purchased at E

They can also be purchased elsewhere for much much less. Try shopping at places other than E. You'll save ALOT of money.

I saw those, but I didn't know if they were any good. And should I get the boon or TT. The lead or the grease marker? What works best?

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
If you plan to get into mentalism get 13 steps to mentalism for a stepping stone, most people are like, " I'll get a swami writer...look I can predict your number " ...yeah but what else? You have to prove yourself with other things as well and predicting a number out of the blue before you prove yourself that you can do those things will dig yourself into a hole.

People will get into that mental state, " He can predict a number before I think of it....he must be able to do more amazing feats like that then!"

Just a heads up.

(This is partially why I also got myself into psychological mentalism)

Sep 1, 2007
If you plan to get into mentalism get 13 steps to mentalism for a stepping stone, most people are like, " I'll get a swami writer...look I can predict your number " ...yeah but what else? You have to prove yourself with other things as well and predicting a number out of the blue before you prove yourself that you can do those things will dig yourself into a hole.

People will get into that mental state, " He can predict a number before I think of it....he must be able to do more amazing feats like that then!"

Just a heads up.

I was planning on getting that too, but I noticed there's a whole chapter about the swami in it, so I figured I should get one.

Do you use one? If so, which would you reccomend?

Sep 1, 2007
If you plan to get into mentalism get 13 steps to mentalism for a stepping stone, most people are like, "

That one is really cool... another one to consider is borus pocus' totally mental.... it uses allot of gaffs but has a good collection of effects by the way, the guy on the vid is jay sanke using his alias...

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
My top recommended material for starting into mentalism

13 steps
Practical mental magic by Anneman
22 blows to the head by Jay Sankey
Boris Pocus by Jay Sankey

And from there if you want to advance you can go on to other products
Richard Osterlind's
Banachek's
Max Maven
etc..