sweaty hands?

May 2, 2010
New York, New York
Hey guys.

When I practice with my cards after a certain amount time my hands become sweaty and thus gettng on the cards making them start to stick. This is becoming a problem when Im practicing somthing like the push through shuffle and the strip out, bottoms if I dont use a push out, fanning etc.

I dont have a gland problem. Any tips for a problem like this without totally drying out the hands?

Any tips would be great.

Mike

Sep 1, 2007
Hey guys.

When I practice with my cards after a certain amount time my hands become sweaty and thus gettng on the cards making them start to stick. This is becoming a problem when Im practicing somthing like the push through shuffle and the strip out, bottoms if I dont use a push out, fanning etc.

I dont have a gland problem. Any tips for a problem like this without totally drying out the hands?

Any tips would be great.

Mike

I have the same problem. A few solutions:

Rotate decks. I currently have the following decks opened and being used
1) Tally Ho
1)Bicyle
1)Trashcycle (bike deck that stays in pocket/backpack, trashy, old deck)
1) Aviator with fanning powder

I haven't opened a new deck in over a month and a half.

Always wash your hands before you start playing with a deck. Wash with cold water, and make sure to get between your fingers and on your finger tips.
I hear baby powder also helps.

Also, a lot of palm moisture is sometimes a plus. Ever try palming a card? I can literally smack the deck and a card will come up with my hand.

Hope that helps!

~Zaw

baby powder helps your hands but if you handle for a long time it will get on the cards and make them stick anyway. The best tip I can give is wash your hands every time before you handle your cards and during if you are practicing for a long time. If you are live, just keeps some extra decks handy and switch out as often as needed. And when you switch, leave the deck you switched sitting out, because the air will make the cards not so clumpy after a few minutes and you can go back to that same deck, which eliminates the need for an excessive number of decks

I have the same problem. A few solutions:

Rotate decks. I currently have the following decks opened and being used
1) Tally Ho
1)Bicyle
1)Trashcycle (bike deck that stays in pocket/backpack, trashy, old deck)
1) Aviator with fanning powder

I haven't opened a new deck in over a month and a half.

Always wash your hands before you start playing with a deck. Wash with cold water, and make sure to get between your fingers and on your finger tips.
I hear baby powder also helps.

Also, a lot of palm moisture is sometimes a plus. Ever try palming a card? I can literally smack the deck and a card will come up with my hand.

Hope that helps!

~Zaw

this is pretty much what i do it helps! wash ur hands alot and swap decks

the weird thing is i also have
1 deck of bikes open
1 deck of Aviators open (love these cards i dont know why)
1 deck of split spades (sorta old)
1 deck of pretty old bikes that i play with too

good luck i find myself worrying about my sweaty hands right before i perform and during i dont think about it and then after i stop i sweat more cuz i still get nerves but just dont worry about them or think about it too much that seems to make it not a problem if you truely forget about it. (which is hard anyway but possible)

This will sound a little strange, but I've sought help for sweaty hands for other reasons (in summer, I literally destroy any paper I touch with the deluge coming from my paws). There are pharmacy medicines to help with sweaty hands. You put them on at night and wash your hands in the morning and that will block your pores and make your hands sweat less. They're alluminium-based though, and are somewhat of an extreme step to take unless you have a huge problem. However, they don't make your hands sticky. Any other antiperspirant applied to the palms and washed off after a period of time should reduce sweating as well.

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
I just hate when my hands start to sweat too. Just wash them or swap decks every now and then. This should help you.

One thing I want to know is when you play with a deck for sometime and gets really old and smells like your sweat. I have like 5 decks like that. Does that happen to any of yall by any chances?

Jun 6, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
You could try using a spray on non-scented deodorant. Keep a cotton handkerchief with you as well so that you can wipe your hands on it occasionally.
A lot of people have sweaty hands there's even a website dedicated to it check it out www.curesweatypalms.com
Hope this helps.

May 2, 2010
New York, New York
Thanks guys.

It gets really annoying and thank god this hasent happend yet the few times I did perform live.

Ill def be taking into consideration all your tips. Now that the summer is here its more apparent.

My guess I will have to learn to rotate decks and hand Maintenance.

Jun 20, 2008
Belchertown, MA
try DrySol, it saved my life haha. I had sweaty hands all day and i couldnt even play with cards, i ended up just not using cards anymore but now that i found this it has seriously helped me so much. It is an antiperspirant that you rub on your hands and it will reduce sweating and clamminess significantly. You may have to be prescribed depending where you live but it is simple, safe and easy to use:)

Sep 3, 2007
Thanks guys.

It gets really annoying and thank god this hasent happend yet the few times I did perform live.

Ill def be taking into consideration all your tips. Now that the summer is here its more apparent.

My guess I will have to learn to rotate decks and hand Maintenance.

You need to know how to handle cards whether your hands are sweaty or not. That's the last thing you should be worrying about.

May 2, 2010
New York, New York
You need to know how to handle cards whether your hands are sweaty or not. That's the last thing you should be worrying about.

My ability to handle cards is just fine. Thats not the problem. My question is pointed toward hand care and controling the problem. I dont have a problem with the sleights even with sticky cards but it does add to the difficulty to certain ones and other where it dosent matter.

There are many who suffer from the same problem.

Thanks anyway for the advice.

Mike

May 2, 2010
New York, New York
I just hate when my hands start to sweat too. Just wash them or swap decks every now and then. This should help you.

One thing I want to know is when you play with a deck for sometime and gets really old and smells like your sweat. I have like 5 decks like that. Does that happen to any of yall by any chances?

Nah I never had that. I have a few old decks of bikes and bees and there just a bit sticky and worn down

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results