Swiss made question

Mar 15, 2008
so, i just got the trilogy for my birthday, and i started performing some of the effects at school. With swiss made, it seemed like people weren't impressed, and some even said that they knew how i did it. Obviously they didn't when i handed them the deck and asked to see. Has anyone else had people say that they thought that they knew how to do it, and does anyone have tips on making the change seem less obvious?

Because of the rotation of the card during the change, i guess it makes people thing its just two cards being spun or something... i dont know. if not i can just stick to the ego change :D or as my friend calls it the "POW change"

Oct 21, 2007
www.hi5.com
Well, the best advice I can give you is to just keep practicing. If you think people figured it out, or they are just not impressed. Improve your presentation, sell the trick and practice more.

Oct 28, 2007
your just dealing with hecklers most people in school are hecklers and just put more effort into your presentation.

Aos

Mar 6, 2008
They say that because you can see that there are two cards. No spectators knows how it's done, they are just being retarded. They mean they saw one of the mechanics.

This trick is VERY touchy, you have to master the spin thing perfectly. I highly doubt you did that if you say you just got it. Also their instructions are bad. I don't understand if they are geniuses or what, but it seems like they are hiding valuable information on purpose. When I do their tricks I don't even bother with what they have to show, I look at the general idea and play around with it until I see what I need. All of their moves are very knacky, and they don't explain their logic for doing things a certain way. For example in swissmade, you have to move the left index finger inward and to the right during the move, it helps hide the card very well. Also, I think this is the worst trick on the dvd. The sleight itself is pretty much transparent, and there is no graceful way of cleaning up. It's a definite work in progress, I'm looking forward to them re-releasing this trick in some other compilation.

Jan 1, 2008
your just dealing with hecklers most people in school are hecklers and just put more effort into your presentation.

Younger magicians need to realize that not everyone is heckling you because they see you flash, and say so.
You can't go up to someone and perform a card trick, and expect them to be amazed, even if you tip the method. I've talked to alot of people just getting into magic who don't realize they're flashing, and believe that everyone is just being a heckler and giving them a hard time.

The move itself flashes. Even when I watch the performance video in the 1-on-1 section, I can't see how that fools anyone; It's an open move.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results