T11 is too worried about flourishes?

Hmmm... personally, this site is becoming over run with flourishes, especially with The new guy, Andre. This site needs to bring out more tricks, It is good to see D+M and Bucks making flourish vids, but i think they need to concentrate on MAGIC.

-stan

what does theory11 mean?

theory11 is a group of 11 individuals united in a strategic alliance under one goal, one mission, and one objective: to advance the art of magic.

Every product you see on theory11 is produced in house by our elite team of industry-leading performers, creators, editors, and producers.

Guided by some of the best creators in the magic industry, this site is your key to the epicenter of online magic training & card flourishing.

get it?

Decknique did join with Theory 11, so you should suspect a lot of flourishers. I say if you want to see some more magic, then do some! Take a camcorder somewhere and film yourself doing magic and post it in the media section. Talking about it won't solve your "problem".

May 4, 2008
NYC
Remember that Theory11 is an underground epicenter for magic AND cardistry
...and even though Dan&Dave, Daniel Madison, and Andrei all try to advance the art of cardistry, each one brings a different style of flourishing; so there is SOME diversity in it at least.

I'm getting sick and tired of these threads of constant complaints about "too many flourishes on T11" ... lets look at the simple facts there are 2 flourish dvds on t11 at the moment and they are not even entirely flourish dvds .. because they come with magic as well .. both the Trilogy and Dangerous are both Magic and Flourishes. apart from those 2 products there are 8 other products on T11, all of them Magic.

Andrei is the only artist that i have seen on here that concentrates on Flourishes and Manipulation, which is not to say that he doesn't do Magic because he does... if you dont like it guess what .. YOU DONT HAVE TO BUY IT... just ignore it and move on.

im tired of the ppl that are constantly looking for the "New" effect on the market like its going to elevate their Magic to another level .. when instead they should be perfecting their other tricks/sleights instead of complaining.

-Abraham

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
I'm getting sick and tired of these threads of constant complaints about "too many flourishes on T11" ... lets look at the simple facts there are 2 flourish dvds on t11 at the moment and they are not even entirely flourish dvds .. because they come with magic as well .. both the Trilogy and Dangerous are both Magic and Flourishes. apart from those 2 products there are 8 other products on T11, all of them Magic.

Andrei is the only artist that i have seen on here that concentrates on Flourishes and Manipulation, which is not to say that he doesn't do Magic because he does... if you dont like it guess what .. YOU DONT HAVE TO BUY IT... just ignore it and move on.

im tired of the ppl that are constantly looking for the "New" effect on the market like its going to elevate their Magic to another level .. when instead they should be perfecting their other tricks/sleights instead of complaining.

-Abraham
Quoted for truth...

Its stupid to say that t11 is too worried about flourishes, I'd say to the creator of the thread YOU are too worried about flourishes

Hmmm... personally, this site is becoming over run with flourishes, especially with The new guy, Andre. This site needs to bring out more tricks, It is good to see D+M and Bucks making flourish vids, but i think they need to concentrate on MAGIC.

-stan

Yeah, I kinda agree. The title used to say "UNDERGROUND MAGIC EPICENTER" and now it says "UNDERGROUND MAGIC & CARDISRTY EPICENTER."

Toad

Banned
May 28, 2008
im kinda tired of all the flourish videos in the media section, somone should put some more magic there.

Dec 10, 2007
ok fair enough.there's flourishes and magic.

but you've got to remember.

spectators don't care about flourishes

I wasnt aware that this site was created for spectators to enjoy and learn from.

This site is for magicians and just because spectators dont appreciated flourishes as much a lot of them really do enjoy them. I dont practice flourishes for my spectators i practice it because its fun and i think it looks cool. I find it infinitely more fun to practice than magic.

If you really want magic go to E. they have a new DVD out like every week.

i love flourishes too.

i practice all the time.

but when your a magician people want ot see something amazing.

to be honest if you were a normal person and a guy came up to and started doin flourishes after a while you'd be bored.

magic is more important than flousishing

Mar 29, 2008
i love flourishes too.

i practice all the time.

but when your a magician people want ot see something amazing.

to be honest if you were a normal person and a guy came up to and started doin flourishes after a while you'd be bored.

magic is more important than flousishing

key phrase there, after a while.

You show someone tricks, after a while they will also get bored. Show some flourishes, display some skill, and do some tricks, bada bing bada boom they are amazed in both things.

Sep 5, 2007
hm.... i dont know.. there are still MORE magic than flourishes here.
i think pure magicians are getting threatened by the sudden rise on cardistry..
chill... if you want more magic.. invent.

Oct 6, 2007
Yeah, I kinda agree. The title used to say "UNDERGROUND MAGIC EPICENTER" and now it says "UNDERGROUND MAGIC & CARDISRTY EPICENTER."

Wow! Didn't actually realize it.

I actually ahd teh same feeling as the OP, but I realized that it's only because their latest products ahve been flourish based.

The magic was realeased way back, and now it's the flourishes being released.

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
Damn :S I suggest you to read Richard's blog, and start to inform yourself, It has always been underground epicenter of magic and cardistry, they just added cardistry to the logo like 1 week ago thats it, it has ALWAYS been an underground epicenter of carditry too

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results