T3D - A new TnR effect..

Nice !

Well, I think too that there are many cuts in the video, it almost look suspicious...but anyway it's great ! Very visual, piece by piece restoration, signed card, and the creases are wiped off at the end !!

Concerning what a real T&RC should look like, do you know "Unripped" ? It's an amazing T&R routine, just check this out :
- signed card
- piece by piece restoration
- complete restoration, the card is unreased and then the signature is taken off
- the card is handed to the spectator 2 times during the routine ! (when it's half restored and before the creases are taken off)

It's as close as you can get from David Copperfield's version. However, there is a major con :
- for the basic handling, HUGE set up
- for the advanced handlind (which is the one the video shows), HUGEHUGEHUGE set up !!!! So huge in fact that it's quite discouraging (I've never performed this effect because of the massive set up in fact...Shame on me !)

All in all, search for a vid and judge for yourself ;)

Edit : here's a link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i5ESz5XRSE

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Looks pretty good but I don't think it's amazing or anything.

I don't like Unripped as removing the signature is not what i'd want in a T&R.

Seamless is one of the best in my opinion as the card is signed, it's very visual and the card isn't even folded (seamless).

Im looking forward to seeing what the one being released through T11 will be like.

Sean Fields, Glenn West and someone else (sorry can't remember who) have all come up with a method that is the cleanest and most direct T&R ive ever seen ever... but sadly they have said they won't be giving up the secret.

I don't like Unripped as removing the signature is not what i'd want in a T&R.

I agree, but it's in the logic of the routine : you choose, then sign a card ; you tear it in 4 pieces, and then you go back in time : you restore it, and you go further than that by uncreasing it and unsigning it so it can return the deck. It makes sense !

The cleanest and most direct T&R you're talking about, is that seamless ? Or is it another one ?

Sep 3, 2007
I am not really sure about the video cutting/editing.

But the restoration seems amazing than any of the TnR I knew.

I have a collections of the torn and restore videos but this is something that seems so magicial that i never came across.

Anybody know when is this gonna release ?

Sep 1, 2007
Hong Kong
Sean Fields, Glenn West and someone else (sorry can't remember who) have all come up with a method that is the cleanest and most direct T&R ive ever seen ever... but sadly they have said they won't be giving up the secret.

I believe the other guy that skipped your memory was Gared Crawford.

If you are to concern their method, it's not a bad method, in fact as you have stated it is the method that gave the maximum visualness and cleaniness to the handling. However and sadly, the card will not be examinable until the creases have been removed from the basic restored state. I won't say too much here, as it's not even my trick to say anything about, and indeed they have all agreed to keep this within themselves.

So that's that.

Sep 3, 2007
Well, I just own Torn and Unripped, but I find them quite as visual and amazing as this video preview ? (Although the last restoration is really beautiful, I must say)

Yes it is ! Mousquebiere.

Its indeed beatiful. To my knowledge there is no other complete restoration with removal of crease as straightforward and clean as this one.

Adding smoke2000 or mini smoke will create a greater and better effect to a completetion.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Thanks Mic Wong... Gared Crawford it is.

I came up with a method myself that could accomplish a similar effect but it seems they have really outdone theselves.

Mic Wong do you know the workings then?

As for this topics T&R... it ilooks pretty good but it's not that amazing

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results