Taking my cardistry to the "next level"

Hey guys!
So ive been practicing a bunch of material from Genesis v1, and have become proficient at the following moves:
- Charlie Cut
- Stretch/Scissor Cut
-Revolution Cut
- Angel
- Triangles (length and Width)
- One handed fan
-thumb fan
- LDS
- Sybil Cut

So ive been working on those, along with some of Andrei's concepts and I wanted to see, where would you guys sugest I go to really start to get good. Ive been working on The Jackson 5 and Pandora by Dan and Dave, but I find these very difficult. So where do you guys say next?
Also, what creative processes do you guys use? :)
Cheers, Matt

JokerZingo

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2012
Sweden
freemagictutorials.com
You can always buy Genesis v2 that's also a really good cardisty dvd and a lot of great moves to have in your arsenal, Dan and dave have some awesome stuff aswell I'm not that into cardisty but Genesis v2 is great if you have the moves on Genesis v1 down so try that one.

Goodluck brother, thanks - JokerZingo/Markus

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
Try Papercuts. I'm not a big fan of the DVD because it isn't complex enough for my tastes, but it's definitely got a lot of good beginner material. Genesis V2 is also a good suggestion, Andrei is a great teacher. Other than that, just practice the foundations and the rest will come with it.

-Patrick

Blaziken

Elite Member
Sep 8, 2012
Quebec, Canada
twitter.com
you can try the System or the Trilogy too, maybe there's some complex moves there, but you can learn something new, look in the Wire for some cardistry moves you might like and when you get even better at it, try Solo by Michael James or you can wait for Monument (which is coming soon for what i heard).

May 3, 2013
I highly recommend the Daniel Madison dvd set Dangerous the first dvd is magic tricks but the second is all very "fancy" cuts and or false cuts. there is no verbal instruction only slowed down film and some txt at the side but it has really boosted my image as a magician. Ile be doing a routine and people are amazed just simply at the cuts i do i love the cuts and ive even added my own extensions. also at least 3 or more cuts are mainly based of the sybil cut so that will be a good start for you.

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I would recommend avoiding getting too "cut-heavy". Millions of two-handed cuts seem to be the norm nowadays, but there is a lot more variety out there.

Xtreme Beginnerz by De'vo is one of my top recommendations for anyone, as it builds a fantastic foundation of material vital to any well-rounded card handler. From there, The Encyclopedia of Playing Card Flourishes is another must.

At that point, it begins to really be about what you feel like learning. Other recommendations include: The Trilogy, The System (higher difficulty level, watch out), Generation Extreme (high difficulty level, Brian Tudor isn't a very good teacher), Project AVIV, Cradle to Grave, The Cobra Collection, Xtreme Beginnerz Vol 2, Genesis V2, and others.

If you're ever having trouble with a specific move, feel free to hit me up - I'm always willing to help people via Skype.

Best,
Vince

Thanks guys!
Also, I was wondering, are there moves that arent physically possible if you have smaller hands?
I have small hands, and I cant perform the thumb cut, because my thumb is quite small ....

But I can do the scissor cut, so yeah...tips?

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks guys!
Also, I was wondering, are there moves that arent physically possible if you have smaller hands?
I have small hands, and I cant perform the thumb cut, because my thumb is quite small ....

But I can do the scissor cut, so yeah...tips?

Unless your hands are the size of a small child's, most moves are possible with practice, even if they are more difficult.

Lee Asher is a perfect example of this. Look him up - his hands are like little baby hands - but he can pull off moves as well as anyone.

But yes, moves like the thumb cut, the Cobra Cut, Revolution Cut 2 & 3, etc will be tougher, because your thumb is required to stretch over a packet. Practice makes perfect, however. Hand and finger exercises can really help, as they increase the reach and flexibility of your hands.

Hit me up if you need help, I can tell you if your finger positioning is a bit off.

Best,
Vince

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results