Talent Show Videoing??

Sep 28, 2016
Hey! So I'd really like to perform magic for my school's talent show. The only downside is I'm primarily a close-up magician, therefore I do close-up tricks. I was hoping to figure out a way to have a friend live stream myself to my school's auditorium projector, giving a close-up view. I know that laptops can hook up to the auditorium's projector, but I don't know how to connect a live stream video to my laptop(I don't own any special cameras). Any suggestions on what I should do or what you've done in the past? Thanks!

Jan 7, 2017
Oh god, this post brings back bad memories of my 8th grade talent show. I, like you, am a close-up magician. I tried something a little bit larger scale that time. I tried vanishing a signed card and having it turn up under an audience member's chair. The only issue? I calculated wrong and it ended up under the wrong chair. Most embarrassing time of my life. I had to just stand there going down the row telling people to lift up their chairs and look underneath. By the time it was found, the magic was totally gone. In short, do the projector thing. Stick with what you know.

Nurul

Elite Member
Dec 8, 2013
Birmingham, UK
You can use gooogle hangouts to do a live stream or Skype. Ask your IT department at school, they should be able to give you some pointers.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results