Talent Show

Sep 3, 2007
My friend and I both perform magic and go to the same school and are trying to come up with acts for the school talent show. We both have very different styles of performing, I'm a close up kinda guy and he's got some stage illusions that involve very big boxes.

I'm not sure if two magic acts in 1 talent show is too much for the audience and would dilute the overall effect. I was considering maybe having him produce me at the end of one of his tricks and then me going into something different, but I'm not sure if downsizing from stage to big close up would work.

Any suggestions?

Your best best is to do a show together. With work, you can get your different styles to complement each other. With you doing mostly closeup, that should not be a real problem, There are many close up effects that can be done for a crowd. I would suggest going threw your bag of tricks,and see what you can do for a large audience. If the two of you are going to work together I have been looking at a lot of Andrew mayne's effects, and I must say they would be great for a talent show, and some may be easier to do if you have a partner. however, I don't suggest buying something new for the show, if the two of you have enough material yourselfs then start with a list of effects and toss out the ones that wont work after you have an act, and know the effects talk about how to preform them together. Good Luck, and if you can get a video of it up load I would love to see it.

Well if your school has a big screen set up or something, then you could definitely bring in a camera or rent one and project it onto the screen. Do a Copperfield thing, sounds like fun best of luck to the both of you.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results